cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Failure, Wear and Warranty GL503GE

playerr069
Level 7
Hello! About 5 months ago ago I bought an Asus ROG Strix GL503GE thinking that it would be an excellent notebook to be able to play and do my daily tasks. What happened? After a month the keys were peeled, only because of playing a couple of times a week Counter Strike Global Offensive (it is the only game for which I use the notebook). What did the guarantee tell me? That as I bought it in the United States, I can not access it in my country (Chile). We started poorly, they simply evaded the problem and did not take responsibility for anything, considering the price of this type of notebook.

Then, about three weeks ago the fans began to fail, my notebook brings the option to regulate them in three different speeds: Silenced, Balanced and Overboost. Obviously the fans does not work with this. In fact, sometimes I'm using it in battery saving mode, just using Word or Chrome and they start to sound stupidly loud, exactly at 7100 RPM. In summary, my experience with Asus has been a real ****. They are not responsible for the guarantee (Obviously when I bought it they did not tell me anything about it, so if I wanted to do something I would have to travel to the US exclusively to change the notebook which I think is really stupid). I even cleaned all the dust and debris, bought a good thermal paste, and finally formatted it, eliminating any record of any possible configuration (which I did not did). In summary, the notebook is still ****. Even formatted, the GPU fan oscillates between 1200 and 7100 RPM even if I'm not doing anything or even if it's not plugged in.

I came to this forum because I have seen that many people use it to share their experiences and possibly receive some guidance in this topic, I am not willing to pay a change of the motherboard for this as they are not responsible for the guarantee (Considering that THERE IS a guarantee in Latin America).

Please, give me some option about it, I have literally tried everything, my notebook is five months old and has worn keys and disgustingly bad fans.

I enclose a picture of the keyboard so you can see how it is and a video of how it sounds and you can see the notebook with the theme of the fans.

4 REPLIES 4

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
What BIOS version are you running?

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
What BIOS version are you running?

The last one according to ASUS Winflash

TimeLion724
Level 8
That might of happened if you increased the fan speed, you should set it back to the default settings.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

warmbooter
Level 7
Could you solve this? I'm in Brazil and have the same problem.