cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facts: GL502VMK supports NVMe SSD

UltimateKyo
Level 7
Hi Folks,

I had ROG GL502VMK with me and I had upgraded it to NVMe SSD Samsung 960 EVO m2 successfully. However, as the laptop came with windows 10 which doesn't support backtracker, I had some issue recovering it from the current state.

Solution:
- You can still change the SSD
- Download all the drivers including ROG game center (If you require)
- Download windows 10 image from microsoft with the help of Microsoft media tools.

Let me know if you need help on the upgrade.

In addition, this article helped me a lot during the upgrade, take a look https://rog.asus.com/articles/g-series-gaming-laptops/upgrade-guide-rog-strix-gl502/

Thanks!
Kyo
3 REPLIES 3

U2Desire
Level 7
Just out of curiosity did you have to provide any drivers during Windows installation to detect the Samsung NVMe SSD?

U2Desire wrote:
Just out of curiosity did you have to provide any drivers during Windows installation to detect the Samsung NVMe SSD?

Hi,

Nope it's purely plug and play. You can check your BIOS once you had boot up with the new SSD, you should be able to see it there.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this information.
It will be very useful in the future.

I have two questions:
- Does the Samsung SSD 860 Evo work at M.2 NVMe speeds, i.e., more than SATA 3 speeds, which are 6Gb/s or 750MB/s?
- Using Samsung's Migration Tool was not option due to not have two M.2 slots, or for other reason?

Thank you in advance.
Cheers!