cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GL502VM have recovery partition? & need help to factory reset it

diegoxnauts
Level 7
Hi! I'm quite new into to this stuff but I wanted to reset my GL502VM for the first time and I have searched the forums a lot of times. I found out that recovery partition is like around 16GB and I have look trough my partitions and there are no recovery partition that has the size of this range.

Also I bought the laptop with Windows 8 then it has automatically updated to Windows 10 as of right now. Are there any possible ways to recover it back to factory settings? Since I have tried doing the F9 thing (nothing happens PC boots normally) and it is not working also I used the Recovery utility where I tried resetting my PC and it keeps saying not enough Free Space where I already have 15.5 GB free space on my SSD. I hope someone would be able to help me Thank you!

P.S. (SORRY IF IT IS IN A WRONG SUBTOPIC BECAUSE IT IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING HERE )
3 REPLIES 3

haihane
Level 13
can i have a look at your disk management view in windows 10?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Erm.. it should?

Rightclick My Computer > Manage > Disk Management

Check your C Drive, see partitions displayed. One is roughly 10-15 gigabytes large. That would be your recovery partition.

How to access / use this? I've no idea, since I always wipe it and build my own OS.

link626
Level 7
to my knowledge, the gl502vm never came with windows 8, unless you bought it used and the previous owner messed with it.

all gl502vm came with windows 10, and did not have recovery partition. Windows 10 recovery is different from earlier windows versions, and doesn't require a recovery partition.

win10 has its own recovery/reset software in the Settings menu.

Otherwise, you can download the windows 10 iso from microsoft and clean install it from usb drive.