cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk error check after boot up

gokica
Level 10
Hi guys,

I have one 750GB HDD and one 128GB SSD. I use the "Esc" key to choose my boot drive or I go into bios and change the boot order. I have to do this since the Win8 is on the HDD which has GTP table and the SSD holds Win7 which is MBR disk. Therefore I can not set dual boot options in the boot menu of Windows. Neither of the OSes does not recognize the other when I try to set the boot options via MSCONFIG.

But my question is this:

Very frequently when I change the boot from one OS to the other, after next boot, before loading Windows a message appears that I need to check the hard drivers for errors. The command gives me 10 seconds to decide whether to skip disk checking or to proceed.

I am shutting down Windows normally each and every time and it goes all the way through until the computer is turned off.

This is happening on my G75VX with the latest bios. It happened with the previous bios as well.

Does anyone have experience with this?
3 REPLIES 3

rewben
Level 13
hi @gokica, it's related to the dirty bit issue.

gokica
Level 10
Thanks. I did as suggested in the linked post and I will report if the problem is gone.

BTW I wish that we are able to give reputation on different posts to one member instead of having to wait after reputation is being given to others. No one has the time to give reputation to friends and abuse the system. And it will be visible to the administration if this is going on on the forum.

tkolarik
Level 9
i ad the same thing happen a few times when creating dual boot systems on the discs individually. I think it came from how the other operating system initially mounted the drive giving you permissions to view the other OSs files.

Have you tried EasyBCD ?