cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can Win7 be installed onto a Strix GL753VD?

Hyoumaru
Level 7
My Asus g73jh finally died due to a combination of age and shoddy repair work. I recently acquired a 2016 Strix GL753VD laptop as a replacement, but Windows 10 is turning out to be too big of an obstacle to work with.

Is it possible to install Windows 7 onto this model of laptop? I did look this up on the website and could not find any driver downloads for windows 7 for this particular model, I don't know if that means it's simply not possible to use Windows 7 on this particular laptop model.
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
Probably anything is possible, whether you can find hardware drivers that will work is another question? perhaps you might want to run 7 in a Virtual Machine to see if you can get working drivers for it.

If what you are looking for is the Win 7 desktop and experience perhaps you should try Open Shell https://github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu/releases. This is the same program as Classic Shell just taken over by GitHub and updated to work on the latest versions of Windows 10. You get the best of both worlds Win 7 or even XP if you like and windows 10
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

xeromist
Hyoumaru,

Keep in mind that if you plan to use PCs in the future you will have to learn to use Windows 10 eventually. Microsoft is not planning to release a Windows 11 so you can't wait this one out like Windows 8.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…