cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install GL503GE Precision trackpad driver Windows 10 1803(April 2018) - solved

warmbooter
Level 7
I just bought a GL503GE-ES73 notebook, and replaced the default ssd with a bigger one . I also did a fresh install of Windows 10 64bits downloaded directly from MS site (last build 1803, April 2018). BIOS is 303.

The problem is that the the trackpad is not recognized by Windows, so I can't use it at all. Trying to install the Precision driver downloaded from ASUS fails with the following message: "There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected."

I already tried running the setup as admin, installing the newest Intel chipset drivers, load the BIOS default. Nothing helped.

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Carlos
464 Views
5 REPLIES 5

warmbooter
Level 7
I was finally able to install the driver. The problem is that before installing the touchpad driver, it is needed to install some other motherboard drivers. This is not mentioned anywhere. I found it when I copied the ASUS installer software from the original ssd (which came with everything pre-installed) and installed the components in the same order it was listed in the application. It is a shame that ASUS support did not help. Its not possible that they didn't have this information.

warmbooter wrote:
I was finally able to install the driver. The problem is that before installing the touchpad driver, it is needed to install some other motherboard drivers. This is not mentioned anywhere. I found it when I copied the ASUS installer software from the original ssd (which came with everything pre-installed) and installed the components in the same order it was listed in the application. It is a shame that ASUS support did not help. Its not possible that they didn't have this information.


Hi. I have just got a rog gl503ge with freedos so I had to install windows 10 myself. The touchpad works in bios but windows doesn't recognise it. I tried downloading all the drivers I could but I can't install precision drivers or smart gesture cause the same error message comes up. Could you please tell me what exactly you did to solve the issue ? Where can I find those drivers.

warmbooter
Level 7
Here is the link to download the whole eDriver folder that came originaly with my notebook. It contains ASUS EzInstall, with some drivers that seems to not be available in the notebook's download area on ASUS site: https://gofile.io/?c=rQZA1K

warmbooter wrote:
Here is the link to download the whole eDriver folder that came originaly with my notebook. It contains ASUS EzInstall, with some drivers that seems to not be available in the notebook's download area on ASUS site: https://gofile.io/?c=rQZA1K


can you upload this again please? i need all the softwares plesae! Save my life Please!

jocok wrote:
can you upload this again please? i need all the softwares plesae! Save my life Please!


Why don't you download from the official website?