cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find AI Recovery utility anywhere; Live update notice update.

Maywell
Level 7
Hi, I need some help here.

I got wrong and recover my windows.

Now I'm live updating and it notice there's new AI Recovery 1.0.25 (mine 1.0.23) but after updating, it says mine is updating bbut still, It noticed new update is there.

So I tried to find AI Recovery 1.0.25 installer on the net, but it's erased anywhere. I even can't find on ASUS site.

Can anyone confirm this and help me how to resolve this?

Thank you! 🙂
24 REPLIES 24

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Maywell wrote:
Hi, I need some help here.

I got wrong and recover my windows.

Now I'm live updating and it notice there's new AI Recovery 1.0.25 (mine 1.0.23) but after updating, it says mine is updating bbut still, It noticed new update is there.

So I tried to find AI Recovery 1.0.25 installer on the net, but it's erased anywhere. I even can't find on ASUS site.

Can anyone confirm this and help me how to resolve this?

Thank you! 🙂

Well if you are running Win8 you are out of luck, Asus is doing away with the "AI Recovery utility".

Since Win8 has it's own "recovery options", I guess Asus does not think they need to add this to there "new Win8 systems"
well, I think that's a bad idea, because it's a "very useful" option for recovery.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:

Well if you are running Win8 you are out of luck, Asus is doing away with the "AI Recovery utility".

Since Win8 has it's own "recovery options", I guess Asus does not think they need to add this to there "new Win8 systems"
well, I think that's a bad idea, because it's a "very useful" option for recovery.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. But still, ASUS erased all downloadable installer on any download sites on the net.

My AI Recovery is still 1.0.23 😞

Anyone know any link to download at least the 1.0.25 version?

Maywell wrote:
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. But still, ASUS erased all downloadable installer on any download sites on the net.

My AI Recovery is still 1.0.23 😞

Anyone know any link to download at least the 1.0.25 version?

Oh I see, the one that shipped with the Win7 systems won't work with drives over "500GB"
I found that out the hard way, but lucky me I had a 500GB drive to recover to.
I was also lucky enough to have downloaded the new "AI Recovery" before Asus removed it from the download page.
Was a long process, but after two sets of Recovery DVDs' I finally was able to recover my stock 750GB drive back.

PS: I think if you "Google" it you should able find the latest "AI Recovery" download.
GottiBoi55
Asus
Samsung
SanDisk
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
Oh I see, the one that shipped with the Win7 systems won't work with drives over "500GB"
I found that out the hard way, but lucky me I had a 500GB drive to recover to.
I was also lucky enough to have downloaded the new "AI Recovery" before Asus removed it from the download page.
Was a long process, but after two sets of Recovery DVDs' I finally was able to recover my stock 750GB drive back.

PS: I think if you "Google" it you should able find the latest "AI Recovery" download.

Mine 512GB HD too. 😞

Nope, this time even Google isn't strong enough to help me. I googled it. Every sites had the download linked to ASUS and the others' deleted.

If only you or anyone can upload that tiny 5mb installer file for me, I'd really appreciated. But anyway, thank you for replying. 🙂

Maywell wrote:
Mine 512GB HD too. 😞

Nope, this time even Google isn't strong enough to help me. I googled it. Every sites had the download linked to ASUS and the others' deleted.

If only you or anyone can upload that tiny 5mb installer file for me, I'd really appreciated. But anyway, thank you for replying. 🙂

Try this link>>>>>Asus-AI-Recovery-Utility.
hope this works for you!
Select the first download mirror
GottiBoi55
Asus
Samsung
SanDisk
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
Try this link>>>>>Asus-AI-Recovery-Utility.
hope this works for you!
Select the first download mirror

Thank you very much for providing the download link.

rewben
Level 13
i think that's an old version of ai recovery.

you can try this; the version is 1.0.28.

rewben wrote:

Thx rewben for the update.
GottiBoi55
Asus
Samsung
SanDisk
p Aquos 32"

rewben wrote:

Thanks rewben and Gottiboi55. I just logged on to the forum looking for this update. Just unboxed my G75VX and can't wait to take this baby for a spin once I burn these ISO disks.