cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i add a new stockage in my Asus Rog Strix G 15 (G512LI) ?

kagenyx
Level 7
hello, i bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago. the Asus Rog Strix G 15 (G512LI).

In short, it has a M2 of 500 GB but it is not enough storage to install several games and VM's so I was wondering if it is possible to add another ssd? (I have another 2.5 inch 500 GB ssd that is a few months old or another M2 that I will buy). If yes, do I have to buy specific accessories for it to work?

4 REPLIES 4

Blake1
Level 10
Hello kagenyx,
This model has 3 M.2 2280 port, supporting PCIe NVMe SSD, each up to 512GB.
There is no port for 2.5 inch one.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello kagenyx,
This model has 3 M.2 2280 port, supporting PCIe NVMe SSD, each up to 512GB.
There is no port for 2.5 inch one.
Thank you.
Thank you for the answer. "each up to 512GB" So if I understand correctly, I can't put an M.2 of 1 TB so only 2 new ones of 512 GB maximum?

Blake1
Level 10
Hello kagenyx,
512GB is what we have tested and can guarantee.
Thank you.

neonfr
Level 8

It's a bit of an outdated post, but I recently faced a similar issue, and I want to help anyone who has had this problem. The answer is yes, you can. I bought my laptop back in 2020 (ti's the same as the image posted above), and at that time, larger SSD sizes may not have been as commonly used. Perhaps that's why the manufacturer's instructions indicated a maximum SSD upgrade option of 1TB per slot or something like that. I got a 2TB SSD and it works without issues. So, if you have a gaming laptop similar to mine and are contemplating an upgrade, the answer is yes, you can!