cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD...BSOD and BSOD

keyboardhouse
Level 7
recently im having a hard times on my laptop it keeps bluescreen everytime I playing games such as warzone and more
I have a screenshot of the minidump and a screenshot of throttlestop that I use to undervolt and set my prcoesser to stay cool and keep on a good speed.

I've cleaned up my laptop and also repaste the thermal paste on both Processor and VGA, Im using a ROG Strix G531GV and windows 10 home 1093 by the way.
10 REPLIES 10

RedSector73
Level 12
The error code indicates GPU or GPU driver. However, your under-clock maybe the root cause and would stop doing this till you have sorted stable system.

You need to check your windows 10 install using this.

run as admin [powershell] (type into search bar, when you see it pop up, right click on it and run as admin)

sfc /scannow

wait till complete
now run (still in powershell)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

wait till complete

if either found and fix integrity errors or corruptions, reboot and then repeat both steps again. If you get caught in loop greater than twice than you have serious windows 10 installation issue. The purpose of the above is to correct any critical errors in windows 10 install.

I also recommend you completely uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot and then custom install your Nvidia driver and select clean install.
Then re-test without any underclock and see if you have stability.

RedSector73 wrote:
The error code indicates GPU or GPU driver. However, your under-clock maybe the root cause and would stop doing this till you have sorted stable system.

You need to check your windows 10 install using this.

run as admin [powershell] (type into search bar, when you see it pop up, right click on it and run as admin)

sfc /scannow

wait till complete
now run (still in powershell)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

wait till complete

if either found and fix integrity errors or corruptions, reboot and then repeat both steps again. If you get caught in loop greater than twice than you have serious windows 10 installation issue. The purpose of the above is to correct any critical errors in windows 10 install.

I also recommend you completely uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot and then custom install your Nvidia driver and select clean install.
Then re-test without any underclock and see if you have stability.

thank you, im gonna do those steps now

keyboardhouse wrote:
thank you, im gonna do those steps now

No problem, good luck and be on tomorrow, just reached midnight here and off to bed.

RedSector73 wrote:
No problem, good luck and be on tomorrow, just reached midnight here and off to bed.

i've done all of those steps and my windows files seems got corrupted and thanks to you it has been repaired after that I reinstall the nvidia drivers but can I ask you one more thing which source do you think the best to install the vga drivers? from the asus driver website or nvidia driver website? from Asus Driver website I always got a problem about the Nvidia control panel it doesnt want to install for the installation and mocrosoft store as well it said I already own the apps and when i force install it always says error.

today I tested to play some games and the bsod still exist and caused by ntoskrnl.exe

unclewebb
Level 10
Your CPU under volt is way more aggressive compared to what other 9750H owners are using. Back it off significantly. What sort of stability testing have you done? I would reduce the CPU under volt to -175 mV and start a wide variety of tests there. Full load tests are good but you also have to do some part load tests like 1 or 2 threads of the TS Bench or 1 or 2 threads of Prime95 Small FFTs. This load will get moved around from core to core as it runs which is a lot more realistic compared to fully loading the CPU in a steady state.

unclewebb wrote:
Your CPU under volt is way more aggressive compared to what other 9750H owners are using. Back it off significantly. What sort of stability testing have you done? I would reduce the CPU under volt to -175 mV and start a wide variety of tests there. Full load tests are good but you also have to do some part load tests like 1 or 2 threads of the TS Bench or 1 or 2 threads of Prime95 Small FFTs. This load will get moved around from core to core as it runs which is a lot more realistic compared to fully loading the CPU in a steady state.

thank you for advice I will start to retesting the set up and re set up the throttlestop, I thought it was fine to undervolt that high because when I was tested the last time (dont know exactly when) on full loaded cpu there wasnt any errors found on TS bench.

what do you think the best to undervolt the cpu? xtu or throttlestop? cause some people say xtu is good but here in rog it caused a conflict with armoury crate I should install one of them cannot runnong both at the same times cuz both are using the same services such as XTUOCDriverservice

Nvidia latest drivers from NVIDIA are best unless you have specific issue with them, then revert to what Asus recommend (which will be never or close to).

RedSector73 wrote:
Nvidia latest drivers from NVIDIA are best unless you have specific issue with them, then revert to what Asus recommend (which will be never or close to).

oh I see... I thought the one on asus website are the best and suited well on our laptop/pc cause they build laptop/pc and maybe there is some tweak or mods on the drivers they uploaded on their website.

also I got another bsod today while testing on gaming caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe and address ntoskrnl.exe+1c23a0 the BSOD happened while my cpu termprature just hit up to 72 degree celcius.

[QUOTE=keyboardhouse;810120also I got another bsod today while testing on gaming caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe and address ntoskrnl.exe+1c23a0 the BSOD happened while my cpu termprature just hit up to 72 degree celcius.

This is memory management type error, might have dodgy ram. 72 for CPU is still not above thermal limits and should not present an issue. Memtest might be your next thing I would be trying.