Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot problems

ahchien
Level 7
Hi all,

I hope I am posting in the right place.

I have a G53 and couple days ago I tried to restore the system. After that it would not boot in to windows 7, it would not go
into safe mode, every time when it says " starting window " it would just restart and go into an option screen asking to fix and
start again. It just goes in to loops. I tried to format it but I can't even do that.

Any help would be great

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

dstrakele
Level 14
The ASUS Factory Restore process reboots the system several times. If you interrupt it before completion, you can end up in your current state. I recommend running it again...and being patient!

If you initially tried the Restore from DVD, press F9 at the ASUS splash screen to run the Restore process from the hidden ASUS partition. This will eliminate the possibility that your DVD burn encountered problems creating the recovery discs.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

You could try out the Windows boot fix utility, when you push F8, go to "repair computer" or something like that instead of "Secure Mode"

When you're in the repair utility, click on "Startup repair" and see if that fixes the issue you got 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

dstrakele
Level 14
I feel like Brody does in this instance. If you've reinstalled Windows and the system doesn"t function properly, don't even try to repair it. Just start over from the beginning.

The OS is the foundation of your system. You want it to be rock solid.

If the 2nd attempt also fails to install a stable OS, troubleshoot bad media or bad hardware.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Thank you dstrakele, I will give that a try

🙂