cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Update 302 - Does it Fix BSoD issue (ROG-GL553VD) ?

agrbr
Level 7
Has anyone tested the BIOS Update 302?

Does anyone know if this version fixed the famous BSoD issues in this model?

Are you encountering any other problems after the update? (new or old)

Can you confirm which errors have been resolved, please?

Thanks!

For those who are interested, follow the link on the ASUS page to download the BIOS v302:
https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/ROG-GL553VD/HelpDesk_Download/
6 REPLIES 6

Taker
Level 7
I flashed this BIOS to my GL753VD. I don't see any change, issues with my laptop still there, including popping sound, USB instability, touchpad scroll totally unusable. Can you tell me more about this BSOD issue? When does it happen? Since I have this laptop, I didn't have any BSOD. I'm using Windows 10 64bit home edition.

Taker wrote:
I flashed this BIOS to my GL753VD. I don't see any change, issues with my laptop still there, including popping sound, USB instability, touchpad scroll totally unusable. Can you tell me more about this BSOD issue? When does it happen? Since I have this laptop, I didn't have any BSOD. I'm using Windows 10 64bit home edition.

Thanks for your reply.

Many blue screen cases have been reported in the product reviews on this Amazon page:

Https://www.amazon.com/GL553VD-Gaming-i7-7700HQ-7200RPM-Keyboard/dp/B01NCOS5ZG

I am afraid that mine will also present the same problems within a few weeks or months, as reported.

I am looking forward to an ASUS statement confirming that the problems with this model have been solved or are working on this.

hghattas
Level 7
agrbr wrote:
Has anyone tested the BIOS Update 302?

Does anyone know if this version fixed the famous BSoD issues in this model?

Are you encountering any other problems after the update? (new or old)

Can you confirm which errors have been resolved, please?

Thanks!

For those who are interested, follow the link on the ASUS page to download the BIOS v302:
https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/ROG-GL553VD/HelpDesk_Download/

I got the BSoD once in two months of use.
I upgraded to the latest BIOS and since never gotten a BSoD, but don't take me as a reference as I said I only experienced it once before.
Will keep you updated if I ever get a BSoD.
I would suggest that you update as you can always downgrade if it turned out to be worse.

I know now what this BSOD issue is, it just died with a video_tdr_failure out of the blue. I was working with OpenOffice, didn't have a chance to save. I have BIOS v 302 so NO, it DOESN'T fix the BSOD issue. Last ASUS notebook I ever bought.

I'm running the 302 bios on my ROG GL753VE Not having any issue other then i hate the mouse. Playing latest games and updated all drivers on 6-01-2017