cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best ram card G733QR amd ryzen 9 5900 hx

arsenie_vlad3
Level 7
Hy everyone guys. Recently, this summer i bought a new laptop and i have the necesity to change the ram card
the computer is a rog strix scar 17 G733QR HG077T.
have cpu amd ryzen 9 5900 HX
Gpu nvidia rtx gforce 3070 8gb dedicate.
The lapton when i bouht it have inside 2 ram card mircon 2x8 (16gb) 1rx16...not the best choice.that's not enought for me :rolleyes:
i have already check the web site amd , the suggest micron, kingstone, ther's another one that i don't remember now.
I know that i can have max 64gb so i'm looking for something with 32gb by card 3200mhz; 2rx8 cl under 22 if possible ; work on dual channel. the ram must be a so-dimm cause talking about a laptop.
I'm looking for the best choice so please if you have suggest or any ideea abought what i can by with this specifics don't be affraid and reply this post.
i've already looking a lot of ram card but never tested it , i don't know how it work, if it's really compatible with this system ecc.
i use the laptop for gaming, streaming, 3d aplication, ecc.
6 REPLIES 6

Murph_9000
Level 14
Check out Crucial, they are the consumer/retail part of Micron. I've just built my new desktop using Crucial Ballistix DDR4, and am very happy with it. Unusually, the base RAM is actually Micron DDR4-2666, rather than the usual DDR4-2133 that most gamer RAM uses (then overclock). In theory, Crucial get special access to the output from Micron, to cherry pick the best output from the Micron silicon fabs for their premium RAM (I can't say that's true for certain, but they are the same company so it seems plausible). Either way, the Crucial-branded Micron DDR4-2666 XMP overclocked as DDR4-3600 CL16 exactly as advertised and seems rock solid in terms of stability. Crucial do both standard RAM and gamer/overclocker/premium RAM.

Edit: The particular Crucial part that I used is listed on the official ASUS QVL for my motherboard. If you can find a part that's tested/recommended by ASUS, that's generally a good thing and a recipe for success with overclocked RAM (all XMP / AMD DOCP RAM is overclocked, if you enabled the enhanced speed for it).

ahfoo
Level 13
Please corect me. Asus QVL list only reflect the memory module work well with the system upon their system release. Over time there is more latest memory module production available to the market which Asus may not able to certified in time, but it working well. Micron just a company produce memory chip to the mass market for company using it to use it for OEM production.

ahfoo wrote:
Please corect me. Asus QVL list only reflect the memory module work well with the system upon their system release. Over time there is more latest memory module production available to the market which Asus may not able to certified in time, but it working well. Micron just a company produce memory chip to the mass market for company using it to use it for OEM production.

Yeah, the QVLs can become effectively outdated. I'm just saying that it's not a bad thing if you can find a suitable part that's on the QVL. Crucial is the part of Micron that sells to the public and produces premium RAM for gamers and overclockers. As an alternative to the ASUS QVL, if the Crucial memory compatibility tool (or similar for other respected memory vendors) lists a particular module for your system, that's also a good thing (better than just grabbing any old DDR off a shelf and then struggling to get the XMP profile to work).

NickT
Level 9
As mentioned Crucial guarantees compatibility. However I've used a couple of different vendors over the years and have had great success with them too. Gskill, Corsair, Kingston, etc. Its partly about the speed differences with some of them. Look at that if you want better performance.

Triton_se
Level 8
1.2v, 2x16GB, DDR4 3200. I've seen CL 20-22-22 don't buy 1.35v, will probably not work. Never buy a single RAM stick, that will run single channel.

22-22-22 is still very OK if you get 2x16GB kit. Normally 2x8GB have poor subtimings which result in much lower FPS in cetrain games, Crucial have those good 2x8GB kits, but you'd have to know exactly which ones to buy.

Jarrod's Tech has a good review on gaming with different RAM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZaIibCSHlY

If 16GB is enough memory, the fastest in games were the Dual Rank memory, shown 2RX8 in his review, looks it is the T-Force memory at 29 seconds in the video: https://youtu.be/sZaIibCSHlY?t=29

But two 16GB dual rank memory would be faster than two 8GB, look for 2RX16

pajser
Level 7
I have bought two of these https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct32g4sfd832a last year for my ROG Scar G17 G733QS. They are working great.