cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery drain while plugged in and gaming, normal?? asus rog scar strix 2

packersfan036
Level 7
hi everyone, im noticing small amount of battery drain while plugged in and gaming. I replaced the original 180w charger brick with a 230w and still drains. now with the original charger I was having major issues like when gaming the laptop was freezing in game and booting me back to the desktop and in some cases freezing then blue screen. anyways after I replaced the charger that seemed to stop, but the battery draining while gaming still seems to happen. my laptop is a strix scar 2 i7 8750h cpu 16gb of dual channel ram 2666 MHz, and a gtx 1060 6gb video card and a 17" screen. thanks everyone.80307
11 REPLIES 11

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
It is normal if it doesn't go below 95%.

packersfan036
Level 7
I cant remember I think it went down to 95 or 94 percent

packersfan036 wrote:
I cant remember I think it went down to 95 or 94 percent

That's normal. Don't worry about it.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
That's normal. Don't worry about it.

why is it normal? just curious.

packersfan036 wrote:
why is it normal? just curious.

To prolong the battery life. Keeping the battery at 100% charge at all times can damage it over time.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
To prolong the battery life. Keeping the battery at 100% charge at all times can damage it over time.

ok cool thanks for letting me know. I just got through playing ww3 for like 15 or 20 minuts seemed to drain battery only 1% not bad. I think this is normal, what do you think? im using my 230w charger not the 180w which is garbage.

packersfan036 wrote:
ok cool thanks for letting me know. I just got through playing ww3 for like 15 or 20 minuts seemed to drain battery only 1% not bad. I think this is normal, what do you think? im using my 230w charger not the 180w which is garbage.

Perfectly normal. Mine goes down to around 95% at times, since I got it a year ago. Right now it's sitting at 96% (plugged in, not charging) and I just booted up.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Perfectly normal. Mine goes down to around 95% at times, since I got it a year ago. Right now it's sitting at 96% (plugged in, not charging) and I just booted up.

do you notice a drain while gaming? and if yes, how much?