cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus strix scar g733qs bios 3.17

DonDragonka
Level 7
A new bios version has just arrived with Windows Update. Nowhere can I find any information about what has been fixed. Unfortunately, the RAM SPD info is still not available, although I was hoping that it would be good in the new version. Otherwise everything works so far, so no trouble as far as I can see. But it is strange that it is not even listed in the myasus app, let alone on the support page. 😉
So does anyone here know what is included in this update?

88591
88592
3,903 Views
9 REPLIES 9

sebarkh
Level 9
I'm on 3.17 and its all good so far 🙂

sebarkh wrote:
I'm on 3.17 and its all good so far 🙂


Ok, It's a good BIOS, I can confirm too. But can you see the SPD information in HWiNF, or in CPU-z for example?

DonDragonka wrote:
Ok, It's a good BIOS, I can confirm too. But can you see the SPD information in HWiNF, or in CPU-z for example?


I confirm that: HWInfo shows nothing in Ports -> Serial Ports. I'm on 3.17

After update i have more performance but i got coil while.... When laptop is on high preformance usage.

Lord_2K wrote:
After update i have more performance but i got coil while.... When laptop is on high preformance usage.


you can change the fan power in manual mode. If you have patience, you can combine a good cooling with quieter operation. You just have to experiment with the settings.
For example here is mine. Ok it's loud when it gets a heavy load, but in return it's completely quiet in all other cases. For me it's comfortable, but you can try other alternatives.

88838

88839

sebarkh wrote:
I confirm that: HWInfo shows nothing in Ports -> Serial Ports. I'm on 3.17


You should look at the "Memory" part in HWInfo. You won't see the SPD information, just like in CPU-z.. And this is a bug I think.

I have a G533QS. Same bios keeps being installed via windows update. This bios causes the gpu to lock to around 55w after the computer is woken up out of sleep. can correct it by cycling through my performance profiles in armoury crate down to silent mode, then back to the profile im using (performance). I can reflash back to bios 315 and it fixes the issue but windows keeps forcing the 317 bios back on to my system.

Icesick06 wrote:
I have a G533QS. Same bios keeps being installed via windows update. This bios causes the gpu to lock to around 55w after the computer is woken up out of sleep. can correct it by cycling through my performance profiles in armoury crate down to silent mode, then back to the profile im using (performance). I can reflash back to bios 315 and it fixes the issue but windows keeps forcing the 317 bios back on to my system.


Here is the solution...(?) A new BIOS. Exactly I can't confirm that it is working, because meanwhile I disabled the Windows "fast startup" option at the Power Options which was a good solution to this issue.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124307-BIOS-319-GPU-clocks-work-after-Sleep&p=835317&poste...

DonDragonka
Level 7
Is there anyone who have the 317 ROM file? I would like to try something, but unfortunately I can't find a downloadable version anywhere and currently I have the 320 version on my system.

Thanks in advance!