cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Advantage Edition G513QY Fan on high at idle

H_ANZA_LONE
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I am currently facing an issue with the fan speed on my laptop. I upgraded to windows 11 before and had the same issue. I since downgraded, but its been about 4 months since I have downgraded. I was hoping that by now the issue would've been fixed, but it has not been. AT IDLE, my temps are at 80 degrees. IN BIOS, my temps are about 80-85. My bios version is 318, and I have a ryzen 9 5900HX. I am out of options, I am about to downgrade back to windows 10. This is absolute BS. This laptop has always ran hot. But this is insane. IDLE temps should not be that hot. Has anyone else experienced this? Or found a fix?
11 REPLIES 11

Shauntre wrote:
Cheers. I already ordered new LM and will also reapply the viskose thermal paste.
I see differences as high as 10C° between my CPU cores.
Something here is off for sure.

What is thef ix that you mentioned in regards for the fix i WIN10?

What i was saying is you need to either open/download AMD Adrenalin software and go to the settings tab. Open it, and go to i think its "power"? Or "overclocking"? I believe from the factory, asus overclocks the cpu by .2ghz, and this ultimately makes your cpu run at 80+ Celsius with no load. I disabled the overclock and my temps have returned to normal.

CRJ84
Level 9
Also when plugged in i noticed that my power profile only allowed the CPU to clock down to 80%, I changed it to 5% which helped alot on my idle temps.