cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

Anybody has any news?

I have the same problem. I'm very happy with my laptop but this issue and the left fan noise (like hitting something) are very annoying. Thankfully, I haven't had any cooling problem, CPU clocks issues or any of the other common issues.

If I'm not mistaken, the problem happens when you open the lid with the laptop unplugged. If you open it plugged in, battery remains fine, like maybe losing a few percentage after a couple of hours...normal.

So, to replicate this you have to:
1- With the laptop turned on, close the lid to put the laptop to sleep.
2- Unplugged the laptop
3- Open it after 1 hour or so
4- In the Windows loggin you will see battery is okay on the bottom right corner
5- Going into Windows and battery will appear empty and laptop will shut down
6- If you plug it in and turn it on straight away, it will shut down automatically, you have to wait until the laptop has 5% of battery or so

If however, you plugged in the laptop before opening the lid, it will be fine.

I'm not 100% certain of this, but that's what I think is happening.

Celmad wrote:
I have the same problem. I'm very happy with my laptop but this issue and the left fan noise (like hitting something) are very annoying. Thankfully, I haven't had any cooling problem, CPU clocks issues or any of the other common issues.

If I'm not mistaken, the problem happens when you open the lid with the laptop unplugged. If you open it plugged in, battery remains fine, like maybe losing a few percentage after a couple of hours...normal.

So, to replicate this you have to:
1- With the laptop turned on, close the lid to put the laptop to sleep.
2- Unplugged the laptop
3- Open it after 1 hour or so
4- In the Windows loggin you will see battery is okay on the bottom right corner
5- Going into Windows and battery will appear empty and laptop will shut down
6- If you plug it in and turn it on straight away, it will shut down automatically, you have to wait until the laptop has 5% of battery or so

If however, you plugged in the laptop before opening the lid, it will be fine.

I'm not 100% certain of this, but that's what I think is happening.

Yea man im also having the same issue with my GL504GW regarding the Battery Issue

gieffe22
Level 7
The only thing left to do is that someone have time to try with another ssd or hdd installing ubuntu without using windows 10, Just to see if the problem is hardware or maybe software because is so strange that happen only after login in Windows on battery power (in mu case ièwith battery lower than 50% with a simply reboot on dc).

Maybe later in months i Will try with another ssd with only ubuntu installed...

I send it to asus support, they replaced the battery for me and it fixed

Marioss wrote:
I send it to asus support, they replaced the battery for me and it fixed

Hi guys, i have the same problem. Marioss how old is your laptop? Mine is 1 year and 1 month old. Is the battery still under warranty?

enriquecs2005 wrote:
Hi guys, i have the same problem. Marioss how old is your laptop? Mine is 1 year and 1 month old. Is the battery still under warranty?

I have it 11 months, my warranty is about to expire soon bcs was 1 year, i guess yours was the same. So if you have it a year and a month i guess yours is expired already.

However it was false alarm!!!!! my laptop didnt fixed with just the battery replaced, i sent it back AGAIN to asus rupport to re-fix it!!!! it did it again when battery was 20%. Anthough i inform them before that just a battery replace maybe wouldnt make the job done so PLEASE review it and check it before you sent it back, they just replace the battery, when i got it back i said ok they should know better than me, who am i to judge,and probably they fixed it with just a battery replace. But no it happend again, and as gieffe22 sais maybe its a motherboard issue? not sure, asus experts going to find out!!! i guess!

Marioss wrote:
I have it 11 months, my warranty is about to expire soon bcs was 1 year, i guess yours was the same. So if you have it a year and a month i guess yours is expired already.

However it was false alarm!!!!! my laptop didnt fixed with just the battery replaced, i sent it back AGAIN to asus rupport to re-fix it!!!! it did it again when battery was 20%. Anthough i inform them before that just a battery replace maybe wouldnt make the job done so PLEASE review it and check it before you sent it back, they just replace the battery, when i got it back i said ok they should know better than me, who am i to judge,and probably they fixed it with just a battery replace. But no it happend again, and as gieffe22 sais maybe its a motherboard issue? not sure, asus experts going to find out!!! i guess!

Thx for The answhere. My warranty for The laptop îs 2years and 1year baterry. If The problem was not solved with baterry replace nt... Îs not ok. Plecase sent ne a feedback when you receive tor laptop from service. Good Day!

Marioss wrote:

Let me know mu friend...

Marioss wrote:

Hi, your laptop is stil in service? has no one solved this problem?