cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

mbushnaq00 wrote:
well you could argue and say that the issue is not the battery life but the laptop switches off suddenly when left till the next day

true, will try that.. thanks 🙂
Oh and btw, the "solution" that alma23 said it seems to be working with me too.. And I downloaded BatteryInfoView to check the degradation of the battery and it seems it changes alot depending on the day... Today seems I have 14.9% of battery health, but the other day I had 20%, and if I let the computer to fully charge to 100% it shows 81% of battery health o.O

This is a real issue.
I use this laptop almost as a mini 'desktop' and i rarely unplugged power. I can count on my hands how many times i used the battery.

The other day i had to unplug to show a friend about the other issue that i'm having (fans max during idle mode) and this happened.

rosbigg wrote:
This is a real issue.
I use this laptop almost as a mini 'desktop' and i rarely unplugged power. I can count on my hands how many times i used the battery.

The other day i had to unplug to show a friend about the other issue that i'm having (fans max during idle mode) and this happened.

I had that fans problem, was the GPU fan only that was allways on max rpm even without doing anything on the computer. This was a year ago so shortly after I bought it, I sent it to the warranty and they got it fixed, was a temperature sensor if I remember correctly.

About my current problem with the battery, I was going to send it to warranty today but decided to try to reinstall the battery drivers and I think it worked... Worked lots of times through the day with battery and it never happened again... Will keep testing in the next days but I think its fixed! If something changes I'll update it here.

Edit: Today the problem came back again... So reinstalling the drivers didn't solve the issue 😞 Will send it to warranty Monday.

Edit 2: I ended up not sending the computer to warranty because I'll need it in March, might do it after that month. But I've been testing something that could be coincidence or not, when I turn on the laptop and the login screen shows up, instead of logging in right away, I wait like 10 ~ 15 seconds before logging in and so far the computer never shut off again with that battery issue... I'll continue testing this to see if its a "solution", its more practical than the other "solution" that alma23 found.

Hey Guys,

Just for your info, I had the exact same issue with battery dropping to zero from half or thrid full load. I did buy a Battery replacement which appeared to be a kind of reconditionned chineese battery (fake french website) quiet cheap but it's been a month and my laptop never showed this horrible previous behaviour. I can close my computer at 2% and it will reopen with this amount.

Except the fact that this battery is already 6% worn and doesn't charge further than about 90% (around 3h movie time), my laptop is really reborn.

Will let you know if that changes.

I did complain about the battery being worn to the chineese and they refund half of it so I paid my Battery around 30 euros and for that price it worth it :))

Tibus31 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Just for your info, I had the exact same issue with battery dropping to zero from half or thrid full load. I did buy a Battery replacement which appeared to be a kind of reconditionned chineese battery (fake french website) quiet cheap but it's been a month and my laptop never showed this horrible previous behaviour. I can close my computer at 2% and it will reopen with this amount.

Except the fact that this battery is already 6% worn and doesn't charge further than about 90% (around 3h movie time), my laptop is really reborn.

Will let you know if that changes.

I did complain about the battery being worn to the chineese and they refund half of it so I paid my Battery around 30 euros and for that price it worth it :))

Good to know, that way it is most likely a battery issue and not software from the computer or something else. Where did you buy it? I might try that if the warranty doesn't cover the battery.

qmig123 wrote:
Good to know, that way it is most likely a battery issue and not software from the computer or something else. Where did you buy it? I might try that if the warranty doesn't cover the battery.

Well as I said it's a bit of a scam so I wouldn't go again with them. it's https://www.fr-batterie.com/, if you check on Thrustpilot, most customers advice to run away as they send fake new batteries. In my case I managed to get 50% refund so at the end it wasn't so bad. Specially as it completely fixed my issue but I think the best is to buy a real one at about 70 euro and keep it for years...

Tibus31 wrote:
Well as I said it's a bit of a scam so I wouldn't go again with them. it's https://www.fr-batterie.com/, if you check on Thrustpilot, most customers advice to run away as they send fake new batteries. In my case I managed to get 50% refund so at the end it wasn't so bad. Specially as it completely fixed my issue but I think the best is to buy a real one at about 70 euro and keep it for years...

hmm yea true, you're right... well I will send it to warranty for now, maybe they fix it

qmig123 wrote:
I had that fans problem, was the GPU fan only that was allways on max rpm even without doing anything on the computer. This was a year ago so shortly after I bought it, I sent it to the warranty and they got it fixed, was a temperature sensor if I remember correctly.

About my current problem with the battery, I was going to send it to warranty today but decided to try to reinstall the battery drivers and I think it worked... Worked lots of times through the day with battery and it never happened again... Will keep testing in the next days but I think its fixed! If something changes I'll update it here.

Edit: Today the problem came back again... So reinstalling the drivers didn't solve the issue 😞 Will send it to warranty Monday.

Edit 2: I ended up not sending the computer to warranty because I'll need it in March, might do it after that month. But I've been testing something that could be coincidence or not, when I turn on the laptop and the login screen shows up, instead of logging in right away, I wait like 10 ~ 15 seconds before logging in and so far the computer never shut off again with that battery issue... I'll continue testing this to see if its a "solution", its more practical than the other "solution" that alma23 found.

Nice finding! I'm gonna test your method and report back, if it works I think it's the best bet for everyone here since it seems clear that ASUS isn't going to fix the problem at root.

hi guys, I have the same issue, my laptop is Rog Strix hero II. But in my case is worse, my laptop shuts down when I turn it on, even when 90% - 100% battery, and I'm so desperate right now. I already have the 312 bios and the problem still there

I'm so disappointed if Asus doesn't fix this issue.

Hi guys, after 5 attempts of addressing the issue, the service center deemed the entire thing faulty and gave me a credit note
So all efforts are worthless and I recommend that you just try to get your machine replaced by another laptop.

This issue really sucks and there should be more care about it, which unfortunately, Asus isn't bothering with.