cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

PTSONIC wrote:
How are you so sure of it? Yes, all the softwares are up to date.

And if is a sofware issue, if you reinstall windows problem reappears ... what a serious company ... I will never buy Asus again.

silvergem wrote:
This is a software issue. did you update your myasus and asus control interface?

No, this is not a software issue! My laptop's motherboard and battery (which I paid for) were changed and the problem reappeared at 3 months. It's a problem that Asus knows quite well but refuses to give us an answer (it's probably too expensive and keeps it hidden). But as everyone on this forum responds very late ... Maybe Asus is waiting for our warranty to expire and they have escaped liability. Why doesn't Blake answer anymore? Because they probably found out what the problem is and what the costs are to solve it. My laptop will come out of service tomorrow. I'm curious what else they've solved. 3 times with the same problem. I will send it to the service until it solves the problem or I replace the product.

enriquecs2005 wrote:
No, this is not a software issue! My laptop's motherboard and battery (which I paid for) were changed and the problem reappeared at 3 months. It's a problem that Asus knows quite well but refuses to give us an answer (it's probably too expensive and keeps it hidden). But as everyone on this forum responds very late ... Maybe Asus is waiting for our warranty to expire and they have escaped liability. Why doesn't Blake answer anymore? Because they probably found out what the problem is and what the costs are to solve it. My laptop will come out of service tomorrow. I'm curious what else they've solved. 3 times with the same problem. I will send it to the service until it solves the problem or I replace the product.

I'm using the Battery health charging inside the Myasus app and limit my battery charging to 60% - 80%, when i check the battery wear it ranges from 25-50%. whenever I've full charge the laptop the battery wear go back to 10-15%.

silvergem wrote:
I'm using the Battery health charging inside the Myasus app and limit my battery charging to 60% - 80%, when i check the battery wear it ranges from 25-50%. whenever I've full charge the laptop the battery wear go back to 10-15%.

I did the same for mine. It's been 3 weeks, the period at when my last battery had been starting to die. I kept the setting to balanced mode in MyASUS and the battery is still at 97% wear level (I checked it last week and it was at 97% back then too). So I can say that v2.3.7 did fix it for my case as long as I have balanced mode switched on.

bruskheal wrote:
Hi everyone,
As many of you, I couldn't use my laptop if the battery charge was below 60% when turning it on because iit would inmediatly fall to 0%. As of today, I realised that MyAsus app got an update (now I have the 2.3.7.0 version) and just for curiosity, I tried to turn my laptop on with a 60% of battery and it worked. Tried a second time just after the first time just because I thought it was luck, but it worked again, there was no battery drain. I left my laptop with a 56% of battery turned off and went to sleep; after 8 hours, I tried to turned it on and it worked again, so i think the battery drain is solved. I don't really know if it was because of the MyASUS update or something else, but I will be testing my laptop in the upcoming days to let you know if it keeps working without drain 🙂 if you guys could tell me any action or whatever to trigger the battery drain, i could test it on my laptop to see if my laptop keeps working, also I can show you any configuration you need so you can fix your own laptops. Sorry if some parts are unreadable but i still get confused with some expressions while writing in english haha.

This issue is fixed on version 2.3.5.0 which retain the battery health settings. I hope the 2.3.7.0 has some optimzations

mbushnaq00
Level 10
so I sent my laptop to Asus for a second repair attempt and this time they went all in and replaced all the parts that I had issues with. In summery, I had the following issues:

- Laptop overheating while gaming
- Wifi disconnects when connected to a 5GHz and running heavy load on the CPU
(also the technician damaged one of the antenna cable in first repair attempt)
- Battery charge depletes to zero when left for the next day

To resolve the issue, Asus replaced the following parts:

- Wifi Antenna 3 and 4
- Motherboard
- Battery
- Heatsink + Fans

I have to say the laptop runs much better than it was new, temperatures never go above 85c even while gaming for hours, battery no longer discharges in the next day, Wifi runs perfectly with a very strong signal and no drops.

For now, I am completely satisfied with the results of the repair and hopefully, I won't have any more issues in the future

Parts number replaced are attached if anyone is interested

qmig123
Level 7
I got exactly the same problem with my Asus Scar 2 GL504GW... Was thinking of sending the PC to the warranty but gave up on that once I discovered this thread... so many people with the same problem and no solution yet? :s I started to have this issue maybe in December 2020

qmig123 wrote:
I got exactly the same problem with my Asus Scar 2 GL504GW... Was thinking of sending the PC to the warranty but gave up on that once I discovered this thread... so many people with the same problem and no solution yet? :s I started to have this issue maybe in December 2020

I suggest you send your laptop for repair, I had my motherboard replaced 3 times (for other issues) and the battery once till the problem was completely resolved.

It's been a month since the repair was done and the battery is working perfectly.

mbushnaq00 wrote:
I suggest you send your laptop for repair, I had my motherboard replaced 3 times (for other issues) and the battery once till the problem was completely resolved.

It's been a month since the repair was done and the battery is working perfectly.

hmm good to know. Yea I might do that.. The only thing is I think the warranty of the battery is just 6 months, and I got the laptop 1 year and half ago (August 2019) so they will not put a new battery most likely 😕

qmig123 wrote:
hmm good to know. Yea I might do that.. The only thing is I think the warranty of the battery is just 6 months, and I got the laptop 1 year and half ago (August 2019) so they will not put a new battery most likely 😕

well you could argue and say that the issue is not the battery life but the laptop switches off suddenly when left till the next day