cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

silvergem wrote:
I have similar issue, but normally I am using my laptop plugged-in since my entirely purpose is for gaming. Our Laptop unplugged will with battery will not much last longer.

Also Did you update your MyAsus and Asus System Control Interface to latest?

Yes, today I installed MyASUS and made the updates. I noticed before the updates, the battery in AIDA64 at the status appears critical discharge (as it appears on the old battery when the problem occurs), after the updates I only see discharge. We should make a petition for Asus to answer the real problem, it is definitely known.

enriquecs2005 wrote:
Yes, today I installed MyASUS and made the updates. I noticed before the updates, the battery in AIDA64 at the status appears critical discharge (as it appears on the old battery when the problem occurs), after the updates I only see discharge. We should make a petition for Asus to answer the real problem, it is definitely known.

Do you have screenshots?

silvergem wrote:
Do you have screenshots?

I don't have the picture with the critical download, if it reappears I'll do it. Today I started with 33% battery. It started normally. I will stop it and restart it in a while. Maybe the updates helped.

enriquecs2005 wrote:

Ouch!. I was really hoping on you that if your system is finally working alright, then maybe we can make a sense of what the actual problem is.

Anyway, keep us posted man. thanks

vashish27 wrote:
Ouch!. I was really hoping on you that if your system is finally working alright, then maybe we can make a sense of what the actual problem is.

Anyway, keep us posted man. thanks

The problem persists even after the latest updates. When the battery is below 30% at the second or 3rd start the problem manifests itself ... Has anyone solved this problem?871058710687107

I think I have found solution for my Asus Rog GL704GV. I just formated windows C drive and after that I installed windows 10 last version by flash drive which was downloaded with Windows creation tool. After the windows 10 boot up I installed the asus drivers from the Esupport folder by AsInsWiz.exe located in my disk drive D. Its been a week and there is no battery death.

And about coil whine /cracking scratching buzzing sounds above the keyboard/. I managed to get rid of it. In balanced mode /switched by armory crate/ to go to windows power options = high performance = change plan settings = change advanced power settings = processor power management = minimum processor state /change to less than 100%/ I put 50 %. Now there is no coil whine. Same operation to the other silent mode, turbo mode etc....

I will keep you posted if there is a change in the situation. I hope that everything is ok now....

atskoto wrote:
I think I have found solution for my Asus Rog GL704GV. I just formated windows C drive and after that I installed windows 10 last version by flash drive which was downloaded with Windows creation tool. After the windows 10 boot up I installed the asus drivers from the Esupport folder by AsInsWiz.exe located in my disk drive D. Its been a week and there is no battery death.

I will keep you posted if there is a change in the situation. I hope that everything is ok now....

It may take up to 3 weeks for the battery issues to appear again. The issue on the battery appeared again 3 weeks after I got my battery replaced. So 1 week is simply too early to judge.

dasher_faster wrote:
It may take up to 3 weeks for the battery issues to appear again. The issue on the battery appeared again 3 weeks after I got my battery replaced. So 1 week is simply too early to judge.

I will wait and see.

Anyone can install linux and test if linux have same problem?? I think is some error drivers anyone can tell me?

mbushnaq00
Level 10
I just want to say that disabling hibernation (powercfg -h off) and fast startup help reduce the probability of the issue happening after restart (or shutdown over night)

it seems our batteries do not work well with Windows 10 hibernation feature