cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

dan_himura wrote:
I only have the system test checks they have done, maybe I can fill also a battery report to check this battery status.

Thanks, I'll appreciate. Please PM or post if you are comfortable with it.

dan_himura wrote:
It is not normal to discharge while plugged-in, because the mobo should get all the juice needed from the AC adaptor, and this is actually the issue that made me call for the first RMA, together with the scratching noise of the CPU while "under work", most audible while scrolling down and up on a browser.
Now I am really preoccupied because after 1 hour of Zoom meeting plugged-in, I turn it off and on again after dinner and it shows "98% not charging".

They have changed the mobo and the scratching CPU came back. Does anyone know how to fix this?

What kind of scratching noise? Like HDD's spinning or like old phone modems? Anyways, I have never experienced any abnormal sound from inside the chassis. Maybe another forum

vashish27 wrote:
Thanks, I'll appreciate. Please PM or post if you are comfortable with it.

What kind of scratching noise? Like HDD's spinning or like old phone modems? Anyways, I have never experienced any abnormal sound from inside the chassis. Maybe another forum

No need to Worry about that scratching noise, it also comes from my cpu when it is in the 4GHZ area. this "scratching noise" is coil whine.

JoyHerobrineking wrote:
No need to Worry about that scratching noise, it also comes from my cpu when it is in the 4GHZ area. this "scratching noise" is coil whine.

My laptop is Asus Rog GL704GV and it has coil whine /cracking scratching buzzing sounds above the keyboard/. I managed to get rid of it. So my solution is when I am on balanced mode /switched by armory crate/ to go to windows power options = high performance = change plan settings = change advanced power settings = processor power management = minimum processor state /change to less than 100%/ I put 50 %. Now there is no coil whine. Same operation to the other silent mode, turbo mode etc....

Hi everyone,
From what I can see, this problem has been present for a while. I came here for a solution but seems that there's none. I also own a GL504GM, an older version (i think) that has no Aromury Crate but ASUS Gaming Center, and realized i had this problem because of COVID, since most of the time i used to have my laptop plugged in almost always. I have tried with a clean installation of Windows and still getting the same problem, tried using Full charge mode instead of Max Lifespan (i don't know the excat names in english sorry) with the same results. Guess we all are stucked with this problem until we decide to get another laptop. I'm not concerned if the most recent laptops released by Asus has this kind of problems but if they still have it, i would definitely choose another brand over asus next time i can. Hope someone find a fix, but in the meantime, i'll be stucked using my laptop with a charger.

Hello y'all. I also have this issue on my GL504GW. I got the battery replaced and still acted up like how you all said. Judging from your statements, even changing the motherboard, the problem continued ya?
I sent my laptop to the servoce centre to check on it and maybe they know what is wrong with it. If they cant point it out, they'll probably send it Asus. Hopefully that will make them think of what's happening to the GL504 Series

dasher_faster wrote:
Hello y'all. I also have this issue on my GL504GW. I got the battery replaced and still acted up like how you all said. Judging from your statements, even changing the motherboard, the problem continued ya?
I sent my laptop to the servoce centre to check on it and maybe they know what is wrong with it. If they cant point it out, they'll probably send it Asus. Hopefully that will make them think of what's happening to the GL504 Series

Thanks for posting even though you did not find a solution here. And thanks again cos I was thinking of replacing the battery but obviously it did not work for you, so i'll wait.
Please bear in mind to post an update here when your laptop comes back from Asus. If it starts working fine, kindly ask them what all jobs they did on it for other's benefit

vashish27 wrote:
So **** happened again last night. I switched off the laptop at around 02:00AM with about 75% battery. Then started at around noon the next morning i.e. after approximately 10 hours. My bad, I did not notice the battery level cos it has not been giving me problems since the last 7-8 months. After about 10-15 minutes of browsing, i noticed that a windows update is asking for restart.. So I restarted and BOOM :mad: it could not go past the loading screen and shut down on its own because the battery was ZERO. I was able to start the pc only after plugging in the charger and yeah , the battery indicator was showing 0% .
Also I checked that battery wear suddenly increased to about 70% (that is only 30% battery life remaining) . Although the wear level became normal (approx 15% for me) after i recharged the laptop to full 100% and some more.

I could not find or was not able to find anything in the event viewer.

Now, the important part : only thing that I did differently in last 4-5 days is that I started using ASUS health charging much more, i.e. keeping the laptop plugged in for long hours at "maximum lifetime" mode. So maybe , this software is the culprit.[/QUOTE

Sir will this work for me? I had this 0% issue level was 14% now at 74%
Owner of GL504GW

vashish27 wrote:
haha, I was about to post just the same.
I have myASUS app version 2.2.38.0 (latest), health charging function is broken and the battery keeps on charging until full. (mine minimizes to taskbar though)
But this is not app's problem, it started happening after updating the Asus System Control Interface driver to version 1.0.31.0
Have you also noticed that after installing this driver, the battery is charging at a much slower rate than before. Maybe thats how ASUS wants.

The issue has been fixed on MyAsus v3.5.0. When I've put to sleep or hibernate, it retains the Battery health last configured setup

P.S 1: I've also installed the Asus system control interface v1.0.33.0
P.S 2: v2.3.5.0 changelog
1. Link to MyASUS Mirror optimization
2. MyASUS initialization optimization

Hello everyone, unfortunately the problem reappeared the other day. The laptop was turned off for 2 days with a 22% battery level. At startup the battery shows 22% and immediately 0% .... At startup it had a wear of 25% and after full charge the wear returned to 5%. So even replacing the battery and the motherboard does not solve the problem ... after 3-4 months it reappears ... sad, I'm tired of Asus ... they don't even answer us ... a 1 year problem ... for a laptop over 1200 Euros ... I'm curious what will change under warranty now. Seriously Asus?!? You really don't respect your customers !!! Shame! It's probably a design issue and they don't want to take it on. I think they all do that but most users being a gaming laptop keep it plugged in.

enriquecs2005 wrote:
Hello everyone, unfortunately the problem reappeared the other day. The laptop was turned off for 2 days with a 22% battery level. At startup the battery shows 22% and immediately 0% .... At startup it had a wear of 25% and after full charge the wear returned to 5%. So even replacing the battery and the motherboard does not solve the problem ... after 3-4 months it reappears ... sad, I'm tired of Asus ... they don't even answer us ... a 1 year problem ... for a laptop over 1200 Euros ... I'm curious what will change under warranty now. Seriously Asus?!? You really don't respect your customers !!! Shame! It's probably a design issue and they don't want to take it on. I think they all do that but most users being a gaming laptop keep it plugged in.

I have similar issue, but normally I am using my laptop plugged-in since my entirely purpose is for gaming. Our Laptop unplugged will with battery will not much last longer.

Also Did you update your MyAsus and Asus System Control Interface to latest?