cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

mbushnaq00
Level 10
So my motherboard was replaced recently to fix the battery and RGB issue I also had. Unfortunately, the battery issue has not been resolved.
In my case, the battery was replaced 2 times and the motherboard once.

mbushnaq00 wrote:
So my motherboard was replaced recently to fix the battery and RGB issue I also had. Unfortunately, the battery issue has not been resolved.
In my case, the battery was replaced 2 times and the motherboard once.

When they replaced the MB, they would have re-installed windows from scratch. Did your laptop run without this issue for atleast a few days on fresh windows without many updates?

vashish27 wrote:
When they replaced the MB, they would have re-installed windows from scratch. Did your laptop run without this issue for atleast a few days on fresh windows without many updates?

to be honest the moment I got it back I restored my image backup and never had the chance to test their image.

mbushnaq00
Level 10
I sent my laptop again to the service center, and I will keep sending it till they fix the issue. There is a law in the country that I live in, if the repair occurs 3 times and has not fixed the issue then I am entitled to a replacement. I will not let this slide for sure as I paid a hefty amount of $2500

Hello everyone we all know about this problem but last night I discovered something else that for example is doing the PCs for us to do our thing, we arrived like example 30% we need to restart it reebot and puff 0% we try to connect it does not turn on what I noticed and that if you put the charger charging with it off it doesn't charge you can charge 1 2 3 4 5 hours it says 0% whenever I call, now if I connect it to charge it starts charging right away it takes about 1.40 hours to fully charge ... Does anyone have this scenario?

Does anyone know a fix for this issue?. Today, I turned on my GL504GW laptop, it had 80% of battery (same as the night before), I logged in, 30 seconds later while I was opening Chrome the screen went black for a few seconds, then it came back and the battery was at 0% and then the laptop shutdown. I was unable to turn it on unless I plugged the charger and waited for a few minutes. What the hell is happening?

There is no fix yet sadly. People had replaced their motherboards and they still have the issue

Hi everyone,
As many of you, I couldn't use my laptop if the battery charge was below 60% when turning it on because iit would inmediatly fall to 0%. As of today, I realised that MyAsus app got an update (now I have the 2.3.7.0 version) and just for curiosity, I tried to turn my laptop on with a 60% of battery and it worked. Tried a second time just after the first time just because I thought it was luck, but it worked again, there was no battery drain. I left my laptop with a 56% of battery turned off and went to sleep; after 8 hours, I tried to turned it on and it worked again, so i think the battery drain is solved. I don't really know if it was because of the MyASUS update or something else, but I will be testing my laptop in the upcoming days to let you know if it keeps working without drain 🙂 if you guys could tell me any action or whatever to trigger the battery drain, i could test it on my laptop to see if my laptop keeps working, also I can show you any configuration you need so you can fix your own laptops. Sorry if some parts are unreadable but i still get confused with some expressions while writing in english haha.

bruskheal wrote:
Hi everyone,
As many of you, I couldn't use my laptop if the battery charge was below 60% when turning it on because iit would inmediatly fall to 0%. As of today, I realised that MyAsus app got an update (now I have the 2.3.7.0 version) and just for curiosity, I tried to turn my laptop on with a 60% of battery and it worked. Tried a second time just after the first time just because I thought it was luck, but it worked again, there was no battery drain. I left my laptop with a 56% of battery turned off and went to sleep; after 8 hours, I tried to turned it on and it worked again, so i think the battery drain is solved. I don't really know if it was because of the MyASUS update or something else, but I will be testing my laptop in the upcoming days to let you know if it keeps working without drain 🙂 if you guys could tell me any action or whatever to trigger the battery drain, i could test it on my laptop to see if my laptop keeps working, also I can show you any configuration you need so you can fix your own laptops. Sorry if some parts are unreadable but i still get confused with some expressions while writing in english haha.

Thank you, I would really appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if the battery drain comes back. I hope not!

bruskheal wrote:
Hi everyone,

It's been a full week since the 2nd replacement and the battery is working perfectly how it should be. So there might be chance that v2.3.7.0 might have fixed it.
It's only been 1 week tho, so I might see till the 28th how things are.