cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

mbushnaq00
Level 10
I am having the same issue on my GL504GW! The latest BIOS version 305 from August 2019 😞 I wish they would release a new version to fix this issue

mbushnaq00 wrote:
I am having the same issue on my GL504GW! The latest BIOS version 305 from August 2019 😞 I wish they would release a new version to fix this issue

i was having the same issue on the same model. I reformated my computer and it is working fine so far (knocks on wood) probably a windows update?

TX2000 wrote:
i was having the same issue on the same model. I reformated my computer and it is working fine so far (knocks on wood) probably a windows update?

I will try again tomorrow, but this time I will boot into the BIOS first to see if the battery percentage has changed or not.

TX2000 wrote:

it definitely seems to be something going on Windows the causes the battery to deplete to zero since I tried to boot to BIOS and the battery percentage remains the same, the moment I boot to Windows the battery led starts blinking and the laptop shut down.

Can you please confirm if the issue happened again after formatting your PC?

mbushnaq00 wrote:
it definitely seems to be something going on Windows the causes the battery to deplete to zero since I tried to boot to BIOS and the battery percentage remains the same, the moment I boot to Windows the battery led starts blinking and the laptop shut down.

Can you please confirm if the issue happened again after formatting your PC?

Not at all. So far is going without a problem, keep in mine that i have not installed aurmory crate.

TX2000 wrote:
Not at all. So far is going without a problem, keep in mine that i have not installed aurmory crate.

before sensing on RMA i tried removing myasus, armoury and all other asus stuff just to exlude that was a sw problem that was causing the problem, and of course doesn't solve anything, but as you said maybe it's different starting windows from scratches and not install none of the above. Honestly i don't have time to spend on it because i use the laptop to work but if someone have the time should be a starting point try this one too.

I got GL504GW last year and have been facing the same problem when I shutdown at around 45 % or lower and then switch on the next day. I calibrated the battery a few times and thought it will be okay, then it happened again one fine day. Frustrated, I've made a habit to make sure that my battery level is around 60% when I shutdown and its not happening at this level., But I will definitely appreciate if somebody confirm that they have been able to resolve this by frequent calibration of battery.

vashish27 wrote:
I got GL504GW last year and have been facing the same problem when I shutdown at around 45 % or lower and then switch on the next day. I calibrated the battery a few times and thought it will be okay, then it happened again one fine day. Frustrated, I've made a habit to make sure that my battery level is around 60% when I shutdown and its not happening at this level., But I will definitely appreciate if somebody confirm that they have been able to resolve this by frequent calibration of battery.

this seems really a big faulty series problems at this point...

---well, we are waiting for Blake answer just to know what asus can do for this. Really hope they can help us after spending big money on premium laptops like these.

gieffe22 wrote:
this seems really a big faulty series problems at this point...

---well, we are waiting for Blake answer just to know what asus can do for this. Really hope they can help us after spending big money on premium laptops like these.

Don't get your hopes up, Asus usually stops providing updates for their laptops after 1 year. I also came to know that Asus direct support was closed in my country and I will have to go through 3rd-party support only. Buying another Asus laptop again will most probably never happen again.

it would be good to know from Marioss if the problem was really solved with the update to the bios version 312.