cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

The problem manifested itself and, from what I noticed if I start the laptop in bios directly, the problem does not appear. On the battery, the laptop automatically switches to 60hz and then the problem manifests itself (21%,39% baterry charge). Marioss, is it so hard to answer?

TX2000 wrote:
i was having the same issue on the same model. I reformated my computer and it is working fine so far (knocks on wood) probably a windows update?

Could be a windows update I also have a GL504GW and when this 0% issue. I turned it waited for 10 mins turned it back on and a windows update occurred, possably could be reason.Moreover the battery wear went from 19% down to 74% which means it has only 26% of its original capacity left.

TX2000
Level 8
also that i think about it i never installed back aurmory crate because i only install it to get my keyboard lights (always white) and they were working

gieffe22
Level 7
i doubt the bios fix it...

gieffe22
Level 7
post here EVER, as everyone that have done some try could have the answer without knowing...

...i will wait for a new bios, but if marios can share the 312 for 504gw is a good thing for the owners of this laptop.

I have the 704gw so i can't install the eventual new bios that asus have installed on Marioos laptop.

gieffe22 wrote:
post here EVER, as everyone that have done some try could have the answer without knowing...

...i will wait for a new bios, but if marios can share the 312 for 504gw is a good thing for the owners of this laptop.

I have the 704gw so i can't install the eventual new bios that asus have installed on Marioos laptop.

Marioss have gl504GM, same model as mine. I hope he will share here bios 312 version .

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
for those who have send your device to service center but did not fix the problem,
please PM me your SN and RMA number.
I will confirm that BIOS 312 issue as well.
Really sorry for all the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Dear all,
for those who have send your device to service center but did not fix the problem,
please PM me your SN and RMA number.
I will confirm that BIOS 312 issue as well.
Really sorry for all the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

PM sent

gieffe22
Level 7
I sended you a pm... waiting for your tips...

gieffe22
Level 7
waiting for Blake answer. He say that he keep me updated about asus answer to the problem. So, i hope that asus come out with good news