cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

Marioss wrote:
I have it 11 months, my warranty is about to expire soon bcs was 1 year, i guess yours was the same. So if you have it a year and a month i guess yours is expired already.

However it was false alarm!!!!! my laptop didnt fixed with just the battery replaced, i sent it back AGAIN to asus rupport to re-fix it!!!! it did it again when battery was 20%. Anthough i inform them before that just a battery replace maybe wouldnt make the job done so PLEASE review it and check it before you sent it back, they just replace the battery, when i got it back i said ok they should know better than me, who am i to judge,and probably they fixed it with just a battery replace. But no it happend again, and as gieffe22 sais maybe its a motherboard issue? not sure, asus experts going to find out!!! i guess!

Hello everyone,

I am writing to you from Italy because I have the exact same problem.
I have this notebook since November 2018 and after using it for 1 year almost always with power for work, I realized that the battery was dead, wear level 70%. I also had the annoying drain and drop problem at 0%.

I thought it was the fault of the use, although with myasus I had set to never load more than 60%.

In March 2020 I sent the PC to service and they changed my battery but I had to pay because the warranty on the battery is only 1 year.

He has been back for a month and the problem of drop to 0 is still there, but I noticed a very strange thing.
If the PC has a charge of more than 40/50% when I turn it off, the PC has no problems with restarting, except for 1 or 2% loss after 1 day from shutdown.

I did a test, 2 days ago, I turned on the PC and not remembering what was the percentage with which I had turned it off the night before, the first restart I immediately entered the bios where it indicated 31% of remaining battery. Restarting and nothing on the windows screen the pc turns off and the low battery led flashes.

I connect it to the power and always turn it back on first by entering the bios, where it says 0% ... Then I restart it and as in the bios also windows says 0%.

Is it possible that this problem only happens when the pc is below 30%?

Thanks so much

Sergio8903 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am writing to you from Italy because I have the exact same problem.
I have this notebook since November 2018 and after using it for 1 year almost always with power for work, I realized that the battery was dead, wear level 70%. I also had the annoying drain and drop problem at 0%.

I thought it was the fault of the use, although with myasus I had set to never load more than 60%.

In March 2020 I sent the PC to service and they changed my battery but I had to pay because the warranty on the battery is only 1 year.

He has been back for a month and the problem of drop to 0 is still there, but I noticed a very strange thing.
If the PC has a charge of more than 40/50% when I turn it off, the PC has no problems with restarting, except for 1 or 2% loss after 1 day from shutdown.

I did a test, 2 days ago, I turned on the PC and not remembering what was the percentage with which I had turned it off the night before, the first restart I immediately entered the bios where it indicated 31% of remaining battery. Restarting and nothing on the windows screen the pc turns off and the low battery led flashes.

I connect it to the power and always turn it back on first by entering the bios, where it says 0% ... Then I restart it and as in the bios also windows says 0%.

Is it possible that this problem only happens when the pc is below 30%?

Thanks so much

yes this is the exact problem of all here... no problem if the laptop is above 50-60%, but if you let laptop at about 30-50% left when you shutdown then at the start there's this risk of going to 0%. Actually i really don't know what's happening here, but this is just crazy... waiting news from Marioos that sended again laptop on rma

gieffe22 wrote:
yes this is the exact problem of all here... no problem if the laptop is above 50-60%, but if you let laptop at about 30-50% left when you shutdown then at the start there's this risk of going to 0%. Actually i really don't know what's happening here, but this is just crazy... waiting news from Marioos that sended again laptop on rma

Today the same problem at 35% ... and i paid 65 euro for the battery....

Sergio8903 wrote:
Today the same problem at 35% ... and i paid 65 euro for the battery....

i know man...they replaced my battery free on january (2 months before the 1 year cover for battery) but as you and others didn't solve anything.

As you my use is pretty desktop based, so i use little the battery, and for that is not a big problem for me, just i'll be sure to charge at 100% before i'll go out of home... the good thing is that barely it goes crazy if you have charged to 100% even if you use it from 100 to 30% in 1 hours gaming on it on battery, it will restart without problems.

The problem triggers only if you let it under 40-60% for all the night or many many hours and then starts or reboot your pc.

I'm still thinking that something off even with software but i'm not a technician...

From my point of view it is a big problem, especially how much this laptop costs. I spoke to the Asus center and they told me to send the laptop to see if it was the battery or the motherboard. But all services started with changing the battery (and my case is over 1 year old and the battery must be paid). And after you see that it's not the battery, it's money wasted ... I have a 17% wear level on the battery. I tried the following test: on the battery the performance setting should be lower. I'm still in tests, so far he hasn't done it (1 start at 59%). Does the new replaced battery have a warranty? We are waiting to see what the Marioss did.

enriquecs2005 wrote:
From my point of view it is a big problem, especially how much this laptop costs. I spoke to the Asus center and they told me to send the laptop to see if it was the battery or the motherboard. But all services started with changing the battery (and my case is over 1 year old and the battery must be paid). And after you see that it's not the battery, it's money wasted ... I have a 17% wear level on the battery. I tried the following test: on the battery the performance setting should be lower. I'm still in tests, so far he hasn't done it (1 start at 59%). Does the new replaced battery have a warranty? We are waiting to see what the Marioss did.

Asus italy told me the new battery have 3 month of warranty. After 1 month of use i have lost 6% of the life of the replaced battery, normally is 10 % in 1 year...

gieffe22 wrote:
i know man...they replaced my battery free on january (2 months before the 1 year cover for battery) but as you and others didn't solve anything.

As you my use is pretty desktop based, so i use little the battery, and for that is not a big problem for me, just i'll be sure to charge at 100% before i'll go out of home... the good thing is that barely it goes crazy if you have charged to 100% even if you use it from 100 to 30% in 1 hours gaming on it on battery, it will restart without problems.

The problem triggers only if you let it under 40-60% for all the night or many many hours and then starts or reboot your pc.

I'm still thinking that something off even with software but i'm not a technician...

i understand that is not a big problem because you can charge 100% and it is ok ... but the big problem is thea after 1 year and 3 month i have lost 68 % of the life of the battery and now after only 1 month i lost the 6 % of the life of the new battery...

if the problem didn't destroy the battery in such a short time it wouldn't have been a big deal. But in this case it is not admissible.

So my problem solved, the 2nd time i sent it, 1st time the just replaced the battery, didnt worked, 2nd time they instaled a new bios version the 312 one. Of corse ive searched before i sent it for new bios on the ASUS website with drivers, and the last one that i saw there was that one i have instaled already, the latest one the 311, so they istaled me a version that is not even online for us, thats extremly funny but anyway. Now the laptop (i think) is working, i didnt test it in extreme % like below 10% bot in 19% it did work. Asus Power. My next product is going to be Asus, not

Very good news Marioss, please let us know if the problem comes back. Where can we get the new version of bios 312?Thx!!!

L.E. the new version of bios is located in: C:\Windows\Firmware\{0171a52c-e37b-584e-9626-623a5478d895}, can you copy and send as?

Marioss wrote:
So my problem solved, the 2nd time i sent it, 1st time the just replaced the battery, didnt worked, 2nd time they instaled a new bios version the 312 one. Of corse ive searched before i sent it for new bios on the ASUS website with drivers, and the last one that i saw there was that one i have instaled already, the latest one the 311, so they istaled me a version that is not even online for us, thats extremly funny but anyway. Now the laptop (i think) is working, i didnt test it in extreme % like below 10% bot in 19% it did work. Asus Power. My next product is going to be Asus, not

so, you confirm that after some days the problem is solved or not?