cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM - Battery to zero 0%

Marioss
Level 7
Hello,

I have Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GM, the issue im running into is about the battery. When my battery is below 50% (more or less) and the laptop is off, when i power it on, and it is NOT with charger on, it starts normally and when i see the log in screen, i see the battery on the down right corner on the percentage that it was before i shut it down, and sudenly goes to 0 and shuts down. And when i power it on again (with charger this time), it is 0%.

It is not draining when i shut it off, because this can be happen also if it is 50%, i shut it, and turn it on again after 15 minuts for example, so it is not drainage, also i see the percentage of the battery i had before i shuted, at least for 1 sec, so for a weird reason it remembers the % but then it goes to 0 and shuts it imediately. If it passes this second, and it not turned off, then its is ok, so sometimes it turns off, sometimes it waits for me to login as a normal boot procedure.

I have All latest windows updates, i have latest bios update 310, i am really really carefull with the laptop, not stress it, not force it, etc. I tried the tips i read on internet about fast boot, from computer or from bios or both, unistalled the Intel rapid storrage also that i read is not helping for that, also "delete" the battery from device manager so it installs its drivers again when it boots, still didnt help. The laptop is about 8 months new with extreme careful useage, and good battery charging.

Except this, the battery working fine, and this is happening once every 2-3 boots, sometimes on every boot, this is never happend when my battery was 100% charged on the last shutdown. I dont know i feel it is software issue not hardware/battery issue because it happens only sometimes not always. So guys did anyone had this issue before? can you suggest something to try? Thank tou in advance.
278 REPLIES 278

gieffe22 wrote:
man i'm a tech entushiasth, i had several laptop in my life until now and NEVER had a battery problem. My latest hp had 5 years and battery was at 70% of original performance without such problems like this on a new machine. I had another asus 3 years ago and never had any problems. I had a gl703vm last year (i selled to buy my actual 704gw) and never had any singol problem with battery. Mu smartphone /a galaxy s7 edge) have 4 years, and i have 80% battery health, without any problem. I know how to use and mantein in good health a battery.

And here the battery works perfectly except in those login after boot situation, what's your problem to understand that asus replaced my battery without solve ANYTHING? You think that an old battery and now a new one (that made problem after i put laptop out of shipment box) have both problems? Come on man...

Yes i agree , im in the same situation, Laptop goes from 100% charged until i got the warning message (i think on 10%?) then charge it again until 100%, remove the charger, not let it charge unlimited from 99% to 100%, remove the charger and let it go to end. I think this is a nice treatment.

Marioss wrote:
Yes i agree , im in the same situation, Laptop goes from 100% charged until i got the warning message (i think on 10%?) then charge it again until 100%, remove the charger, not let it charge unlimited from 99% to 100%, remove the charger and let it go to end. I think this is a nice treatment.

i don't know if i have to start to have hope in here... 4 days since testing started with 1.0.21, and still no drop to 0% every morning when i boot and reboot the laptop after all night long unplugged from charger.

News from your side man? how proceed your test?

No news from me Yet, i didnt have the chance to test it, i did install it though but the last few days it happnes the night i shut it to have more than 80% battery so next evening starts normaly like a charm, but as you know better than any of us the tricky part is when the battery is low, so give me more time i will inform you as fast as possible.

Nevertheless Im really happy with your result and i started to have hope for this procedure.

Shutdown after login in windows on battery power, at 59%. 0% after, and showing 66.% battery wear.

I left the charger plugged all night , and this morning it's showing only 9.5% battery wear.

Already had my battery replaced under RMA, still got the problem

34 991 mWh drained in 28 seconds

thafunker wrote:

Shutdown after login in windows on battery power, at 59%. 0% after, and showing 66.% battery wear.

I left the charger plugged all night , and this morning it's showing only 9.5% battery wear.

Already had my battery replaced under RMA, still got the problem

yes, this is the same problem of my unit and of marioss i think.

Use the tips that i shared and test you too if works. I repeat, uninstall asus system control interface from device manager (uninstall removing software option, and when you do, turn off internet connection!). And install the asus system control interface that you have in one subfolder of your esupport folder on C drive. Let us know the result. Keep watching at device manager, because sometimes, even if you downgrade to older driver version it keep reupdating to latest on servers.

You can even try to format your laptop if you have a base knowledge of computer, installing ubuntu instead of windows, just to try if problem is present on ubuntu or some other distro. I tested sometimes on a live usbdrive and seems not to drain. But i can't be sure and i can't wipe my windows partition because of work.

gieffe22
Level 7
Guys if you can install from device manager asus system control interface 1.0.21 (is from 2018), you can find it in your esupport folder (in a subfolder). Esupport folder is in you c drive.

I tested 2 days with it (keep watching because sometimes windows auto update it to latest version, in this case revert manually to 1.0.21) and seems not doing the problem. But on my system i can't trigger easily as on january days... so i need someone else that extend testing with this version.

If you can, test please.

I have 1.0.18.0 version, i will private message you my email so you can send it to me so i will try.

gieffe22
Level 7
Tomorrow drain has apperead again... so nothing, at this point is almost sure that's hardware problem (not the battery, i think something in motherboard)

Very bad news then... this will be my last Asus laptop