cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar 18

digizogi
Level 7

I have Asus Rog Srix Scar 18 i9-13980HX/RTX4090. Almost all games stutter. From what I tested:

RDR2, A Plague Tale Requiem, Hogwarts Legacy, Forza Horizon 5.

In all these games, the average fps is high, but there are a lot of stutters.

On the past Lenovo Legion 7 i9-11980HK/RTX3080, all these games worked perfectly without stuttering.

And this is not the only case. There needs to be some way to solve this problem, if possible. A $5,000 laptop shouldn't play games like this.

4 REPLIES 4

Cojokek
Level 8

I solved my stutters by reinstalling Windows 11, but turning OFF the VMD in the BIOS before anything.

Another thing you can try is to go to NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Power management mode > Prefer maximum performance. And NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Low Latency Mode > Ultra.

And of course, make sure you are using the latest drivers, BIOS version, and Armoury Crate version (check for updates inside Armoury Crate). Usually, Asus is slow at updating drivers to their latest version, that's why I use a tool for detecting if newer drivers for everything Intel related, LAN, WLAN, and Bluetooth are available.

Let me know if you have tried these.

Hello, no, it hasn't been resolved.  In turbo mode and efficiency stutters.  If you turn on manual mode in armory crate and limit the processor to 45 watts, for example, there will be less stuttering.  The problem is clearly in the processor, when it starts to consume more than 50 watts in some games, it starts to stutter.  These are my observations.  This is not the first time I have read reviews that games stutter on Asus laptops with 13th generation processors.  This must be sorted out.  I also have a desktop PC and another laptop on the RTX 3080 Laptop, everything is smooth there in those games where the Scar 18 laptop stutters.

Unfortunately, I don't think these problems will be solved by Asus since they are the same in the 12th generation, still without any fix, but from what I can tell over time these problems decreased with BIOS updates, but never completely disappeared.

GeckoITX
Level 7

I've the same model. I found no stutter issue at all in any games. (Performance, Turbo mode) including Forza and RDRD2.

I also notice that in Turbo mode, the laptop pull over 410W momentary from the wall which is far more than rated power, even in Performance mode I sometime see 335-340W. You might have a defective power adaptor.