cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix Scar 16 (G634JZ) RTX 4080 is stuttering when using the discrete GPU

jc0426
Level 9

Got this laptop last June 15 and I noticed that when using Ultimate in GPU mode in the Armoury Crate, games are stuttering really hard to the point that it's unplayable. They're also have lower FPS when the stuttering isn't happening. One of the things I noticed it that the GPU usage fluctuates between 50-99%.

The stuttering disappears once I use Standar in GPU mode which allows me to enable advanced optimus in the nvidia control panel, but that mode is busted too because I can't control the brightness level, the screen's brightness overly bright and it hurst my eye, and my display settings are detecting 2 monitors. So I'm avoiding that mode for now too.

Games which I've obeserved the stuttering:

• Red Dead Redemption2
  • Cyberpunk 2077

I've yet to test other GPU intensive games, but so far the stuttering isn't present in games like DoTA2, Valorant or other non GPU intensive titles. I've tried using the recommended Nvidia drivers from the device's support page and clean installed my GPU drivers using DDU. I also tried fresh reinstalling windows but still nothing. I don't wanna update my BIOS though cause there seems to be an issue with ASUS laptops in updating the BIOS.

270 REPLIES 270

I'll try Cyberpunk again in a moment but disabling rebar didn't work last night.

I suppose you don't follow your own thread do you mate?

This has been discussed in the last pages... 

ALL games that support Rebar, 22 games, including AC Mirage, will stutter 

You are not giving any news and why would you close the query, this is not fixed yet... 

Turning off Rebar in nvidia profile inspector is not a fix, its a workaround

Rebar should work, Rebar gives more performance

And everytime you install a driver, it will reset nvidia profile inspector, and you need to turn off Rebar again

Asus and nvidia needs to come forward with a fix

My Legion 7 3080 runs All games with Rebar... No problem... 

MissAshex
Level 8

Yeah it doesn't seem to work in cyberpunk, still getting the stutters with rebar off. I reinstalled the game too.
https://youtu.be/VAU7eZA8Z4I

MissAshex, you selected CP 2077 in nvidia profile inspector, and turned off Rebar

And still you are having stutters?

If that's the case, then your stuttering is not related to Rebar 

I advice you to create a thread for your problem and RMA the laptop

Activate your warranty

Scar16_4090
Level 12

That's good news for Gigabyte users. Wonder what the fix was, hopefully not just turning off re bar at the bios level.

Now to pester Asus ..

NVIDIA and ASUS are investigating the issue. I replied in another thread regarding this issue in ROG Care. It's unclear what GB did or if they did in fact fix this issue as there is no mention of it in their release notes.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I mean that's rich considering every Asus bios update I read just says

"Optimize System performance"

And in some cases results in more issues and needs reverted as mentioned on forums