cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG STRIX SCAR 15 G532LWS normal temperature ?

RomaVicious
Level 7
Hello!
Guys tell me, pliz, is this a normal temperature (screen in the attachment), when setting the game on an ultra preset.
The performance mode is on.
https://ibb.co/d5pHcY8
1,215 Views
8 REPLIES 8

KorosuKivy
Level 10
RomaVicious wrote:
Hello!
Guys tell me, pliz, is this a normal temperature (screen in the attachment), when setting the game on an ultra preset.
The performance mode is on.
https://ibb.co/d5pHcY8


swap to turbo preset so fans stick to top rpm while gaming. if you have a high rpm cooling pad under your laptop you should bring it down more

KorosuKivy wrote:
swap to turbo preset so fans stick to top rpm while gaming. if you have a high rpm cooling pad under your laptop you should bring it down more


This is normal temperature or not?(

RomaVicious wrote:
This is normal temperature or not?(


That depends...
How long does it maintain that temperature?
How warm is the room that your laptop is situated in?
Do you use any cooling equipment?
have you used the turbo preset?
Do you experience any stuttering in-game?

Is it normal? Normal can mean anything... Is your laptop dead? then no it's not normal. are you playing games just fine? Then yes it's normal...

KorosuKivy wrote:
That depends...
How long does it maintain that temperature?
How warm is the room that your laptop is situated in?
Do you use any cooling equipment?
have you used the turbo preset?
Do you experience any stuttering in-game?

Is it normal? Normal can mean anything... Is your laptop dead? then no it's not normal. are you playing games just fine? Then yes it's normal...


1. The temperature lasts about an hour.
2. The room is 27 degrees
3. Nope
4. No i use perfomance mode, if I turn on the turbo mode 2-3 degrees the temperature is lower
5. The game does not slow down at all, everything is perfect.

mbushnaq00
Level 10
80c looks pretty good for a high spec laptop.

as long as it's not thermal throttling then you should be fine

mbushnaq00 wrote:
80c looks pretty good for a high spec laptop.

as long as it's not thermal throttling then you should be fine


I turned off the turbo mode and set the maximum processor value of 2700hz in the registry, if necessary, I will make a guide on how to do such a thing 🙂

According to everyone on the Asus forums Intel has unlocked the secret to letting their CPUs run above 90C as normal without comprising the life of the CPU. I'd go look up the post that someone replied to me with some bull**** from Intel (of course they wouldn't lie about their longevity to keep up competition with AMD, no sir, not ever), but it doesn't matter, you can already here they think it's normal, and that you need to fix it yourself, not Asus. Frankly, getting 80C in RDR2 is pretty good. I'd normally get 85-90 without ThrottleStop (everyone's magic bullet here instead of insisting that Asus fix their mistake - corporate bootlickers). Most games I will average 90+ without ThrottleStop.

I already use a cooling pad. My ambient room temp is about 25C. I use the manual fan control option in crate and have them kick up to 100% by the time it's 70C.

craig_cabbage wrote:
According to everyone on the Asus forums Intel has unlocked the secret to letting their CPUs run above 90C as normal without comprising the life of the CPU. I'd go look up the post that someone replied to me with some bull**** from Intel (of course they wouldn't lie about their longevity to keep up competition with AMD, no sir, not ever), but it doesn't matter, you can already here they think it's normal, and that you need to fix it yourself, not Asus. Frankly, getting 80C in RDR2 is pretty good. I'd normally get 85-90 without ThrottleStop (everyone's magic bullet here instead of insisting that Asus fix their mistake - corporate bootlickers). Most games I will average 90+ without ThrottleStop.

I already use a cooling pad. My ambient room temp is about 25C. I use the manual fan control option in crate and have them kick up to 100% by the time it's 70C.


Did you get -20C with a cooling pad? Now I'm wondering what kind of the cooling pad do you use? Is it a refrigerator cooling element integrated right under the notebook? 😄