Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix GL703VM -stuttering

Lejnorad
Level 7
Hello everyone, hope you doing well
I bought this "beast" 6 months ago and I had problems from the beginning
I thought that I will tweak it somehow but sadly I couldnt find a fix
Problem:
extreme loss of fps/ stuttering in every game, from 0.1 sec to 2 sec sometimes it can happen 25x +- in 1 min and sometimes you run few minutes without a lag. Some games are unplayable like rust, PUBG, witcher [on lowest graphic settings same as highest] and even game like LOL got few lags now and then.
It also overheat but that I can manage it with external fan so temps are not going over 87C

I tried turn off/on turbo, update drivers, tweak graphic card option,processor power option

Asus ROG Strix GL703VM
i5 7300HQ 2.50GHz 4cpus
nvidia GTX 1060
FHD 60 Hz
8 GB RAM
1 TB SSHD
win 10 64bit
My guess is that CPU is the cause. No idea how to test it or fix it tho

Thank you for any suggestions how to turn my now overpriced office notebook into gaming machine x]
Have a nice day
2 REPLIES 2

KhuloodF
Level 9
Did you try to see if there is an updated BIOS for your laptop? I highly recommend updating it if there is an option available. That should help reset any internal issues there may be.

If that doesn't solve the issue, it may be that your CPU is running too hot.

Download throttlestop and undervolt your CPU and CPU cache by at least 80mV-100+mV (you will have to adjust in 5mV increments and stress test until your computer runs without crashing). This should help reduce temps by at least 10 degrees.

Here's a good video on how to undervolt with Throttlestop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSY44PVaOs4

Lejnorad
Level 7
thanks for reply.
I updated bios and undervolted cpu. temperatures are nice and low but stuttering is the same
Thanks anyway, much appreciated

is there some test I can run which determine the problem in my pc?