cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix GL503GE laptop keyboard is not working in BIOS and windows FIX [100%]

infernoshatt
Level 8
GL503GE Specification:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8300H
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64Bit)

Problem:
Recently I bought an ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE gaming laptop. After purchasing I updated windows and all drivers to their latest version and updated BIOS to 308. After 10 days of usage I faced a weird problem regarding my keyboard. My ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE gaming laptop's keyboard was not working, basically it was totally dead. The ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE gaming laptop's keyboard wasn't working in BIOS also the keyboard wasn't working in windows. The keyboard wasn't showing in the device manager. Keyboard RGB light also became disabled. The Red light of the power button had disabled.
And finally, I saw the laptop's Power LED indicator (White Light) was keeping turned on even after I shut down my laptop.

What I tried but could't fix the issue:

1. Freshly Installed Windows and updated all drivers.
2. Restored to the factory default from my backup using acronis true image.
3. Installed Ubuntu Linux.
4. Downgraded BIOS to version 303.
5. Completely drained the battery.
6. Opened the laptop and disconnected the battery and remove the bios battery, kept 20 minute like that.
7. Did a hard reset as described in ASUS website. link: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1032747/

Nothing fixed my issue and I got very much disappointed thinking I got a faulty keyboard.

Solution:

Download and install: Hotfix from ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE Website.

Finally after 1 days of madness I figured out how to resolve the ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE keyboard not working problem. There is a Hotfix on ASUS website for ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE is available. That Hotfix fixes the keyboard LED lighting issues. I saw that Hotfix few times but I didn't pay attention to that cause I thought my keyboard is not getting detected then why would I bother to keyboard's RGB lighting. Later when I failed to fix the issue in every possible way, I thought to try out that Hotfix to see what it does and BOOM the Hotfix updated my keyboard firmware, and my keyboard was fully working. However I faced this ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE keyboard not detected/working issue twice. Once all of a sudden my keyboard stopped working and other time the keyboard stopped working after I updated windows 10.

ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE Power LED kept turned on after Shut down Fix:
After downloading and installing the keyboard Hotfix ROG Strix GL503GE's power LED problem also fixed automitacally. Now after turning off the laptop, the LED Power light also get turned off.

Feedback of Hotfix:
Though the keyboard Hotfix resolve the problem but you might encounter the same keyboard problem again. I faced the keyboard problem twice. It seems this Hotfix couldn't fix the keyboard issue permanently. All you need to do is whenever you face the keyboard not detected/working problem you have to install that Hotfix. #ASUS need to look at this problem and should deliver a permanent solution to that.
59 REPLIES 59

Hi, My laptop is ROG Strix Hero III,

ROG Strix g531gv, after installing Hotfix 2.2.3 from Asus website, my keyboard is not working,

someone here said they could flash their keyboard using other model, Please help

Can someone send the file or at least make it available here in the forum,

or create a step by step tutorial on how to flash the keyboard?

Ive been using wireless keyboard for 2 month now.. Thank You

Hello hasenur83,
Please kindly make sure your BIOS is up to date.
And run the hotfix again.
Is there any error message abut the keyboard?
Thank you.

my rog gl503ge keyboard also not working after i update my windows 10 build 2004 or something....i've tried install hotfix 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 but it isnt work either...the rgb light on keyboard lit on but i cant cuatomize via aura core...and the keyboard function is still completely work in bios...so is there any hotfix or something i can do...all my drivers are the latest but still it didnt work

@Blake@ASUS

Hi Blake,

I am having an issue with my GL503VD where keys will randomly keep thinking they are pressed down during games, office work, etc...

Is there a keyboard fix available for my model or will I need to use the hack method above?

Current bios version on the laptop is 310

Thanks,

Chris

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Chris,
Please kindly send your device to service center.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello BagonkBalap,
Please kindly rollback to 1909 for stable performance.
Than you.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Maroonio,
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

I have the same problem but with the GL553VE keyboard completely dead used to sometimes work after restarting but not always. Now it has stopped working completely !! has anyone managed to solve this issue on this laptop ??

NikSar13
Level 7
I tried everything on my keyboard on Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 GU502LV from the forum
the KBFWUpdateTool with different versions didn't update it
I was able to get a firmware from MyASUS, where to get others I don't know, the support doesn't give much, just empty words

The whole story https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118231-GX701GX-keyboard-not-working-after-firmware-update/...
ASUS ROG Zephyrus M15 GU502LV

vishalmalhotra6
Level 7

hey brother can you send me the link to install