cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix GL503GE laptop keyboard is not working in BIOS and windows FIX [100%]

infernoshatt
Level 8
GL503GE Specification:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8300H
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64Bit)

Problem:
Recently I bought an ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE gaming laptop. After purchasing I updated windows and all drivers to their latest version and updated BIOS to 308. After 10 days of usage I faced a weird problem regarding my keyboard. My ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE gaming laptop's keyboard was not working, basically it was totally dead. The ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE gaming laptop's keyboard wasn't working in BIOS also the keyboard wasn't working in windows. The keyboard wasn't showing in the device manager. Keyboard RGB light also became disabled. The Red light of the power button had disabled.
And finally, I saw the laptop's Power LED indicator (White Light) was keeping turned on even after I shut down my laptop.

What I tried but could't fix the issue:

1. Freshly Installed Windows and updated all drivers.
2. Restored to the factory default from my backup using acronis true image.
3. Installed Ubuntu Linux.
4. Downgraded BIOS to version 303.
5. Completely drained the battery.
6. Opened the laptop and disconnected the battery and remove the bios battery, kept 20 minute like that.
7. Did a hard reset as described in ASUS website. link: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1032747/

Nothing fixed my issue and I got very much disappointed thinking I got a faulty keyboard.

Solution:

Download and install: Hotfix from ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE Website.

Finally after 1 days of madness I figured out how to resolve the ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE keyboard not working problem. There is a Hotfix on ASUS website for ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE is available. That Hotfix fixes the keyboard LED lighting issues. I saw that Hotfix few times but I didn't pay attention to that cause I thought my keyboard is not getting detected then why would I bother to keyboard's RGB lighting. Later when I failed to fix the issue in every possible way, I thought to try out that Hotfix to see what it does and BOOM the Hotfix updated my keyboard firmware, and my keyboard was fully working. However I faced this ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE keyboard not detected/working issue twice. Once all of a sudden my keyboard stopped working and other time the keyboard stopped working after I updated windows 10.

ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE Power LED kept turned on after Shut down Fix:
After downloading and installing the keyboard Hotfix ROG Strix GL503GE's power LED problem also fixed automitacally. Now after turning off the laptop, the LED Power light also get turned off.

Feedback of Hotfix:
Though the keyboard Hotfix resolve the problem but you might encounter the same keyboard problem again. I faced the keyboard problem twice. It seems this Hotfix couldn't fix the keyboard issue permanently. All you need to do is whenever you face the keyboard not detected/working problem you have to install that Hotfix. #ASUS need to look at this problem and should deliver a permanent solution to that.
1,039 Views
59 REPLIES 59

After not having a working keyboard for a couple of months and basically trying everything including checking in at this forum to seek knowledge, I finally found a solution for my notebook.

It seems different solutions work on different computers. I hope this method will help, if not all with the same issue, as many as possible at least.

I used an old keyboard firmware updater called "KBFWUpdateTool".

It was my first idea to use it when my keyboard broke down but i couldn´t find it, thought i deleted it and didn´t remember the name of it, so I forgot about it again since I couldn´t find it when googling, etc either. Today it resurfaced however when I was doing a bit of a well needed cleaning up of my hard drive. ^^ 🙂

Anyway. I hope it will help someone.

mrmalkier wrote:
After not having a working keyboard for a couple of months and basically trying everything including checking in at this forum to seek knowledge, I finally found a solution for my notebook.

It seems different solutions work on different computers. I hope this method will help, if not all with the same issue, as many as possible at least.

I used an old keyboard firmware updater called "KBFWUpdateTool".

It was my first idea to use it when my keyboard broke down but i couldn´t find it, thought i deleted it and didn´t remember the name of it, so I forgot about it again since I couldn´t find it when googling, etc either. Today it resurfaced however when I was doing a bit of a well needed cleaning up of my hard drive. ^^ 🙂

Anyway. I hope it will help someone.



Hi MrMlakier! Would you mind to send this KBFWUpdateTool on a google drive or similar? Thanks so much!

Hi guys, I finally managed to fix my GL703VM. Not thanks to Asus support!

First of all:
I am not responsible for any damage you might do to your hardware!
Please keep in mind this is not a official fix! I just managed to do it by myself. So please keep in mind that you may brick your keyboard.
I only have done this because I was without any other options!


Here what I have done:

1) Download ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool from Other session (Driver and tools from Asus website):
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GM501GS/KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5_forSupportSite.zip

2) Install 7zip

3) Extract KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5_forSupportSite.exe

4) Click with right button on KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5 and click on 7zip > Extract here

5) Open fw folder

6) Create a copy of the file: GL703GE.220.0

7) Rename it to file: GL703VM.220.0

😎 Go back and execute the ROGKBFWUpdateTool.exe file

9) Be happy with your working keyboard 😄

Hope it can help you guys! And Asus, you really need to improve your support!!

I had been without my Keyboard since an update to windows in June and I have tried everything with no luck until I came across the fix by karl.frascari...and it worked...I just followed his instructions and I am now typing this on my laptops keyboard..my model was the GL703GS and it cost £1700 so as you can imagine I am well pleased, its like getting a new laptop again..

Stevieboyfitzy wrote:
I had been without my Keyboard since an update to windows in June and I have tried everything with no luck until I came across the fix by karl.frascari...and it worked...I just followed his instructions and I am now typing this on my laptops keyboard..my model was the GL703GS and it cost £1700 so as you can imagine I am well pleased, its like getting a new laptop again..



Hello can you, make the step by step clear, because it does not work with my laptop i dont know where to get the model file to place in fw folder thanks.

karl.frascari wrote:
Hi guys, I finally managed to fix my GL703VM. Not thanks to Asus support!

First of all:
I am not responsible for any damage you might do to your hardware!
Please keep in mind this is not a official fix! I just managed to do it by myself. So please keep in mind that you may brick your keyboard.
I only have done this because I was without any other options!


Here what I have done:

1) Download ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool from Other session (Driver and tools from Asus website):
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GM501GS/KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5_forSupportSite.zip

2) Install 7zip

3) Extract KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5_forSupportSite.exe

4) Click with right button on KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5 and click on 7zip > Extract here

5) Open fw folder

6) Create a copy of the file: GL703GE.220.0

7) Rename it to file: GL703VM.220.0

😎 Go back and execute the ROGKBFWUpdateTool.exe file

9) Be happy with your working keyboard 😄

Hope it can help you guys! And Asus, you really need to improve your support!!


Can you share the contact channel that you used?
I'm from Brazil and here we don't have any live chat or Asus expert support.
I own a GX531GS with the same problem

xDhii wrote:
Can you share the contact channel that you used?
I'm from Brazil and here we don't have any live chat or Asus expert support.
I own a GX531GS with the same problem


Estou com o mesmo problema em um Asus Rog Strix G531GT.

Após a atualização dos drivers pelo site da Asus, o teclado e as luzes do teclado pararam de funcionar.

long story short , after MyAsus suggested update of file ROG KB Firmware Update tool V2.2.4 now my amazing Zephyrus GX701GWR IS KEYBOARD DEAD !!!! And no file to downgrade or update anywhere in the Asus website ! Shame ASUS !!!

How can this be done ? and not having a single ROGKBFWupdate tool in the website for this model to at least flash an older bin ????
Sure, i can find some these ROGKBFWupdate tool to save some models with some fw ( example saved a friends G531 with this : F0NK1100.G531GD.416 ), but not with the bin of my GX701 …. Do you (ASUS) really think that everyone is dumb ?!? and cant flash manually the keyboard ? at least until you came with the fix ????

SHAME , LAME SUPPORT AND TERRIBLE WAY OF MAKING EXPENSIVE COMPUTERS USELESS !! MINE HAD COST MORE THAN 2500 EUROS !!

jorge.pinheiro wrote:
long story short , after MyAsus suggested update of file ROG KB Firmware Update tool V2.2.4 now my amazing Zephyrus GX701GWR IS KEYBOARD DEAD !!!! And no file to downgrade or update anywhere in the Asus website ! Shame ASUS !!!

How can this be done ? and not having a single ROGKBFWupdate tool in the website for this model to at least flash an older bin ????
Sure, i can find some these ROGKBFWupdate tool to save some models with some fw ( example saved a friends G531 with this : F0NK1100.G531GD.416 ), but not with the bin of my GX701 …. Do you (ASUS) really think that everyone is dumb ?!? and cant flash manually the keyboard ? at least until you came with the fix ????

SHAME , LAME SUPPORT AND TERRIBLE WAY OF MAKING EXPENSIVE COMPUTERS USELESS !! MINE HAD COST MORE THAN 2500 EUROS !!


I'm facing the exact same problem now. My model is GX701GX and the keyboard dead after using the Firmware Update tool V2.2.4. Please let me know if you found any solutions!

447280810 wrote:
I'm facing the exact same problem now. My model is GX701GX and the keyboard dead after using the Firmware Update tool V2.2.4. Please let me know if you found any solutions!


Well after firmware installation on my GX701 only the trackpad stopped working, the keyboard was fine. The trackpad was however still working in the bios (hence a driver issue), so possibly we have different problems.

But to get my trackpad working in windows again I had to goto software update under myasus and install Serial IO under "others" category. I reinstalled trackpad drivers anyway just to be safe.

If your keyboard isn't even working in bios quite possibly the firmware flash failed, and probably have to take it to an asus service centre.