cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix G731GT missing 120hz

certomaz
Level 7
Hi, i am having only 40,002Hz and 60,003Hz options in Advanced Display Settings in Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I updated all drivers, including nvidia... and the laptop is 120hz display... What am i missing? Can someone help please?
9 REPLIES 9

Soupladel
Level 10
perhaps downloading DDU and running it from windows safe mode to remove all traces of existing video drivers which will then allow a truly clean install of the latest drivers might help?

also, i presume we are talking about the inbuilt screen and not an external monitor?

Yes, the inbuild screen. Thanks, i will see what this DDU is and will try.

certomaz
Level 7
I tried DDU from safe mode, cleaned, restarted, installed the newest nvidia driver from their website... and it still shows only 40 and 60 Hz options! Frustrated AF at this point.. 95535

This might help:

https://www.driversupport.com/knowledge-article/3-troubleshooting-tricks-when-your-monitor-wont-run-...

essentially, if you click on the bit where in your screenshot it says "display adaptor setting for Display 1" you should get something like this:

on the monitor tab it may provide the ability to update the refresh rate

and damn... 3080 Ti... man... :mad:

Soupladel
Level 10
ordinarily i would suggest the limited refresh rate was due to a cable not being adequate but as it is the integral screen, something else must be going on.

I know its a bit of a long shot, but it could be worth going into device manager and deleting the monitor to force windows to update it, i have had problems solved by doing this in the past.

certomaz
Level 7
I tried that. Tried to uninstall monitor driver, and from the adapted setting screen refresh rate.. Thanks, i might try to install fresh windows, i don't what else i can try...

certomaz
Level 7
Formated, fresh windows 10 pro 64bit.... SAME.. no 120Hz option and the model sais 120Hz (ROG G731GT)

Toxic1
Level 7

I'm having the same problem with my g731gt locked at 60 but it can do 120 it don't pop up 120hz for me and I'm not using a monitor my laptop can handle 120someone help