cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix G713RW Keyboard lagging

Elecsander
Level 8
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with my laptop. When the computer is on for a longer time, keyboard starts to lag and stutter. It takes 1-2 seconds for it to start working, and after about 10 secs of not using it problem happens again. When problem happens while gaming it also stutters sound and picture. Only restarting solves the problem, but after longer time of computer working it reappears.
Ways of solving the problem which I tried:
- Uninstalling keyboard drivers
- Turning of the touchpad in BIOS (doesn't have such option)
- Updating drivers
- Resetting Windows
- Uninstalling antivirus
Can somebody help me how to fix this problem, it's really frustrating.

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 7 6800H
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti+ATI Radeon Graphics
16GB RAM
SSD 1TB
Windows 11 Home
25 REPLIES 25

the problem has solved?

Thank you SIR!!! 

Its only bee a couple of months since i bought a G713RM and this forum is on the "speed dial" from now on!!!

For 2 hours i tried to see why the lighting is flickering and what is disabling my keyboard till i remember that here is a awesome community that find the solution to everything! Thank you again!

Thanks bro you are a lifesaver I've had this probelm for mounths

I have the problem that i can´t find the USB input device at all. I do not know what to do. The microsoft ones shows no power tab at all

the problem.jpeg

Open Command Prompt  :  use the command  dir/s and restart your computer .

vickymaruda
Level 7

same problem bro

hexaae
Level 12

G733PZ here, with audio/keyboard lag random issues.

Did you check, when it happened, if laptop Speakers were still working and playing sounds? I have a strange issue with Speakers and no audio all of a sudden and randomly (no task or service crashed, device list is ok without errors, volume icon is ok and not X), and the other day I noticed a similar keyboard lag as described in this thread and also noticed the audio was gone again! Mmmh, wondering if they are connected. Will try the same "USB Input Device" workaround on my G733, let's see...

--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

keshavsharma20
Level 7

i was having this problem 20 min before then i updated all my asus and windows its fine now

S3n1or
Level 7

A have same problem on STRIX G713RM. Ever since I bought the machine. I found a lot of "solution" and "trick" on the web (eg the USB power management trick above and a video tutorial on ASUS' website, etc ) but I have no "final solution". This problem returns every few days, and not only under Windows. I use Ubuntu as a second OS and its there too. Dear ASUS, it's a very frustrating fault what not simply kill the user experience, but also eliminates the use of the machine. 

I had this problem then i updated my windows and restarted it along with my asus control center and it worked properly … ur welcome