cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog strix G531gt. I can't upgrade my lap with a nvme SSD.

SethuVJ
Level 8
My laptop had a m.2 sata SSD, I removed it and trying to install m.2 nvme SSD. But after installing my laptop just stuck on the sus logo screen. Can't even boot to bios. The new SSD has nothing in it. What shall I do plz help me.
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Make sure the new drive is fully seated. I would remove it and reinsert it. You shouldn't have to force it but you should feel some resistance as it slides into the slot and most of the gold contacts should be inside the slot.

Otherwise you may have a faulty m.2. You may want to exchange it with the retailer.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Make sure the new drive is fully seated. I would remove it and reinsert it. You shouldn't have to force it but you should feel some resistance as it slides into the slot and most of the gold contacts should be inside the slot.

Otherwise you may have a faulty m.2. You may want to exchange it with the retailer.

SSD is working fine with usb enclosure. And also I installed in properly. its the bios its not letting it boot. If I remove the old ssd whitch had the ssd and replace it with new one then its not working.

Hey did your issue fix now? Because i am facing same issue the same laptop. Please reply if you have a solution to fix it.

Do anyone get the solution for this issue, as i also facing same .