cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix G16 i7 13650hx Rtx4060 Bad color calibration on DISCRETE MODE

ShoTake
Level 7

 Hey hey , such a problem came to light, it is noticeable only when the laptop is running in Nvidia dGpu modes!!!.

On the built-in video core and a discrete video card, color calibration is completely different.On a discrete video card, it is very poorly calibrated; if this is not the case, I don’t even know what it is.The background color of the telegram messenger will not match the dark shadow of any program window (namely, only the dark one) and because of this the shadow is not displayed correctly ,everything is shown in the screenshots and video.I tried different and newest drivers that are now available and there is no difference from the asus websitebandicam 2023-05-06 20-05-43-104.jpgbandicam 2023-05-06 20-06-35-151.jpgbandicam 2023-05-06 20-06-57-331.jpgphoto_2023-04-30_22-40-40.jpgbandicam 2023-05-06 20-13-52-587.jpg

bandicam 2023-05-06 20-30-17-779.jpg

IMG_6262.jpeg

If anyone has exactly the same G16 laptop, can you check the telegram messenger for yourself? (but only on the standard dark blue background of the telegram messenger)

and my video

https://youtube.com/shorts/OrVZk3RAKlA?feature=share

7 REPLIES 7

Sedna66
Level 9

Armory create option - display P3 settings - or native mode - it´s possible solution for bad colors gamut and 10bpc deep colors nvidia control panel.

@Sedna66 wrote:

Armory create option - display P3 settings - or native mode - it´s possible solution for bad colors gamut and 10bpc deep colors nvidia control panel.

it doesn't help.they messed up something with the display and color calibration, but I don’t know how to solve everything now and whether there will be some update and fix on this issue.

ShoTake
Level 7

One person on reddit told me that he had the same problem,and I returned this laptop to the store and exchanged it for a new one, but the problem is still the sameit seems this is a massive problem on g16.

Sedna66
Level 9

I see an effect caused by the overlapping of the window giving a 3D effect. I don't see any problem, shaded by being in the upper window, it doesn't seem like a problem to me honestly.

Regards

so it's not about the shadow .. it should not be so visible, it should merge with the color of the lower window, but the color calibration is bad that the color of the window does not match what it should be

I posted a screenshot of how it looks on the built-in video core and how it looks on a discrete video card

husainisyafiq
Level 7

Bro just asking, I'm using the same laptop. What is your cpu temperature when gaming like rdr2. Cause mine when turbo mode, it averages around 87 degrees but when i switch to manual. The temperature starts to decrease to average of 80 degrees.