cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Scar Strix II Screen refresh rate keeping changing to 60Hz after reboot

WakeJarvis
Level 7
Hello everyone,

My name is Juraij and I'm from India.
I recently upgraded my laptop to Asus ROG Scar Strix II GL704 GM with a screen refresh rate capability of 144Hz.
But ever since I purchased the laptop and started using it, the Windows 10 OS resets the screen refresh rate to 60Hz all by itself everytime I turn the laptop on or reboot it. The screen goes black for a fraction of second while I'm at login page and then it changes to 60Hz.
I tried contacting the Asus tech support but it came of no use, and i couldnt find any related article online.

its very frustrating to manually change the refresh rate every single time.
Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Regards!
WakeJarvis.
2 REPLIES 2

gramersssss
Level 7
I am having the same issue with this. Every time i unplug the power the refresh rate goes from 240hz to 60hz.. is there a fix for this? its really annoying

gramersssss wrote:
I am having the same issue with this. Every time i unplug the power the refresh rate goes from 240hz to 60hz.. is there a fix for this? its really annoying

It's because it saves power with the 60hz mode. After I reinstalled windows my screen is always using 144hz even if I unplug it.