cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GL552VW Wifi issues

XinsaX
Level 7
Guys, need your help. A friend of mine asked me to make a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I followed the steps of Guide How to clean Install Windows 10.

I have all the drivers installed, all downloaded from the ASUS site and nothing presenting issues except the wireless. The only thing that I had issues with at first was to identify ASUS Wireless Control Radio driver and the Bluetooth (which the last driver has issues in my case and the BT fails, the older worked perfectly).
The problem with the wireless is that randomly I'm connected but the computer isn't receiving internet. If I disconnect and reconnect it works perfectly for X time. It might be a few seconds or minutes. I found many post of several versions of ASUS laptops with the same issue. Don't know what else to test or try.

1. I tried the both versions of the Intel Wireless driver in the ASUS site (I think it's one v17 and the other v19).
2. Tested even without any driver at all using the Windows 10 yesterday but still the same.
3. Now I'm downloading the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 directly from Intel site which is a newer version of what you find in the ASUS site.
1 REPLY 1

XinsaX
Level 7
Today I got the driver from the Intel site and it's working without any incident for now. Can't understand why in the Intel site you can find several versions of the driver for this wireless but in the ASUS you find just 2.