cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL704GW issues with trackpad

NecroMissedYa
Level 7
Ok, first off, this is pissing me off so much that i'm about to sell this laptop because 1. Why the **** did i spend 2500$ on...literal plastic? idk and 2. because typing is next to impossible because of said issue.

Now to the issue. So every laptop has this thing where you can press the Fn key and then an F key to do stuff, one of the better ones is the disable trackpad key, pressing Fn and then F10 disables the trackpad...in theory...because **** me that **** works 50/50, sometimes it disables it only to randomly enabling it because **** you and **** your typing experience....and this keeps ****ing happening even on a fresh windows install with fresh non-windows update drivers...

I get it, **** can happen, but not counting the other issues this laptop has, the trackpad is the worst part because typing is almost useless when this bug happens because again, **** typing. I need to hover over the trackpad while typing so i don't click something and delete half my ****ing document page...because it finds the best times to automatically un-disable itself and when i'm typing normally, aka when my hands are on the "palmrest" area where the trackpad is, i can start clicking stuff since i don't expect something i disabled to work again without me re-eabling it myself...
Like seriously guys, this is a joke, i dislike HP, but they atleast get this right...
0 REPLIES 0