cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL703GS rog laptop battery drain problem?

Aedthicz
Level 7
Hello guys,

So something's happening recently with my laptop. When i play games, INSTALED ON MY SSHD, battery gets drained really quik, it gets to 30% in under 3 hours of playing Assassins's Creed odyssey ( https://imgur.com/a/Nnz3aYd ).
When i play games from SSD this problem with battery draining doesn't appear. Also, some games freeze for like 2-3 seconds, fps drops to 0, but only on SSHD, on SSD work fine. Also when this happens, cpu usage, gpu usage, voltage, and temps are getting low for 1 second, inclusive cpu and gpu frequency. No thermal or poweer throttling, monitorized with intel xtu. So i might be a problem of SSHD, and because of that, those problems with charging and freezing appear? The setting are fine.
The questions is.. it is normal for battery to get drained so fast? I noticed that the battery got to 30% only when game started to frame very hard, fps was constant on 15-20, and the game was unplayable. I belive there are some settings that make laptop to use full power even on 10% battery, but i think this would've got to the laptop to shut down suddenly.
I'm thinking to RMA it, i don't want to wait until something fails, but i want to know, maybe someone knows about those problem, ore maybe are some people here with the same laptop, and it behave diffrent from mine.

Asus ROG Strix SCAR Edition GL703GS-E5011 intel Core i7-8750H 16GB DDR4 1TB SSHD 256GB SSD nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
0 REPLIES 0