cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus gl502vs keyboard opening shortcuts instead of the letter pressed

dragonmasterx
Level 7
well at first i thought it was a trojan and completely format my laptop,upon installing latest windows version buttons of keyboard are not working as expected ,i press w and the windows menu opens i press twice the spacebar and nothing i press r and opens the r button,if i connect an external keyboard laptop starts to open windows start menu alone. i searched the net and assisitve management buttons are all off. i have a video to provide with the whole situation and i thought to ask here prior rma .
2 REPLIES 2

link626
Level 7
download linux ubuntu or Mint to usb drive and run from usb drive, and see if you still have keyboard issues in linux.

that will rule out hardware problem.

You might need to reset bios cmos by unplugging and holding power button for 60 seconds.
if that doesn't work, you might need to detach the battery cable inside the case, and hold power button

link626 wrote:
download linux ubuntu or Mint to usb drive and run from usb drive, and see if you still have keyboard issues in linux.

that will rule out hardware problem.

You might need to reset bios cmos by unplugging and holding power button for 60 seconds.
if that doesn't work, you might need to detach the battery cable inside the case, and hold power button

Laptop is dead again it doesnt turn on, so and if i wish to resolve this alone i cant this is the second time that this occurs and the first that i had keyboard problems ,laptop is 3 months old and i met a series of discomforting problems ,while i will rma it again i will ask for a replacement new unit as i dont find this whole situation convient, it seems asus doesnt respect the customer as in the past:mad::mad: