Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G75VW NEW BIOS: v223

Fire
Level 10
NEW BIOS Just released for the G75VW:

Change Log:

Fix the bug that there is 3D function-less of samsung panel.
(Hell knows that GOP means)

Download BIOS 223

Instructions to install new BIOS:

1) Unzip the file

2) Copy the G75VWAS.223 file on to a USB Flash Disk formatted in FAT16 or FAT32

3) Plug in your battery

4) Reboot your computer and hit F2 to enter BIOS

5) Go to the 2nd Tab (Advanced)

6) Start Easy Flash

7) Point it to your USB Flash Disk where you placed the BIOS file

😎 Start the FLASH process

9) Load Setup defaults

10) Enjoy
59 REPLIES 59

cosmicmango
Level 10
updated without any problems
G752VY-DH72

does it resolve the nvidia control panel 3d setting issue. since bios 221 3d stereoscopic settings disappears in nvidia control panel. the fix was entering bios and turning off quick boot and disable a security setting.

boofsterb wrote:
does it resolve the nvidia control panel 3d setting issue. since bios 221 3d stereoscopic settings disappears in nvidia control panel. the fix was entering bios and turning off quick boot and disable a security setting.

I think it should from the LOG, well worth a try

Fire
Level 10
One good thing I noticed about this BIOS is that they removed the stupid UEFI boot 🙂 now it simply says Boot from Hard Drive

Sunrise2000
Level 8
I just flashed via the Easy Flash in bios.. but I 'm afraid to load optimal defaults, because when I flashed to 222 version and load optimal defaults, my pc wont turn on and sent it to RMA.. question, you always after update load optimal defaults and your machines turn on? What should be if I dont load optimal defaults? System recognized that bios version is 223, so maybe not need to load optimal defaults? Maybe if I dont load optimal defaults, new features in bios version cant work completely?

Sunrise2000 wrote:
I just flashed via the Easy Flash in bios.. but I 'm afraid to load optimal defaults, because when I flashed to 222 version and load optimal defaults, my pc wont turn on and sent it to RMA.. question, you always after update load optimal defaults and your machines turn on? What should be if I dont load optimal defaults? System recognized that bios version is 223, so maybe not need to load optimal defaults? Maybe if I dont load optimal defaults, new features in bios version cant work completely?

I have always loaded optimal defaults.

nothing to be scared of, just note down all the options you currently have and reset them later to what they were

example of my bios options,

- Leave the boot logo at Static
- disable AT Technology (who needs this anti theft technology my laptop is always with me
- set first boot device to hard drive (UEFI is gone thank god so no confusions anymore)
- Set 2nd boot device to Mat****a (the dvd drive)

You can safely flash the Bios either way. Thru the bios with EZ Flash or Windows with Winflash. You should not have to load defaults unless you had issues prior to upgrading the Bios. I have flashed several times with no issues.

For some reason the last time I did a BIOS update I just used the install program Akamai provided on their driver download page. This time that program didn't do it. So I tried what you suggested using the flash utility in the BIOS however when I get to that page in the BIOS it shows the previous/current one on the left and none on the right. There is NOTHING to "point" with as you say to the source of the file which is on a thumb USB drive I had plugged in. Very frustrating indeed. No way to point or choose anything that makes any sense on that page. So I guess I'm stuck.

I like it, seems like everything is working correctly.