cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G733 QSA CPU temperatures normal?

edd080
Level 9
Hello to all,
So I currently have an Asus ROG Strix Scar G17 G733 QSA model.
So far so good, the performance has been outstanding however I wanted to make sure that certain temperatures are normal. In armoury crate i set the fan mode to Performance which in idle (with no background tasks) my temps sit at around 50 - 51 Celsius.
When playing a game (currently playing COD modern warfare) temps spiked at 90-91 celsius but seemed to stay in the ranges of 85-87 celsius.

I then decided to play with the manual settings provided on the Armoury Crate app and i managed to settle the temperature on idle to around 45 - 46 celsius and when playing the same game the temperature for some reason was a little bit higher with temperatures spiking 91-92 celsius and seemed to stay in the ranges of 87 celsius.
The difference between the above profiles was obviously the fan noise; idle in performance mode had the fans switched off,whilst the fans on manual mode had the fans running constantly at an average of 40% or a bit lower.

My questions, are the idle temps in performance mode safe? Is it ok to stay at 51 celsius on idle? Or should I go for the manual mode and tweak some more settings with the fan settings to reach a better temperature?

Are the temps during gameplay ok to spike at 90 - 92? Is there anything i need to do to get this cpu to run somewhat cooler?

Other than that I am so far enjoying my experience on this laptop.

Thank you for your help.
13 REPLIES 13

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
from your description, your laptop temperature are fine.
Thank you.

Hello Blake,
thank you for your reply.

Like yourself i also have the same laptop and have noticed whilst playing battlefield 5 the cpu spikes to 91 but average temp is around 83-87. I have found all other games my temperature is below 80,reassuring to read 83-87 is normal as i found these temps worrying. Wish i had posted here 1st i sent Asus support an email tonight about the 83-87 temperatures.

These temp are perfectly fine. Nothing to worry about. Actually all temps up to 100C are within specs according to Intel. Anyway I also prefer my temps under 95C and no thermal throttling, but yours are far from that. All laptops from the last 3-4-5 years are just like that.

AtGrigorov wrote:
These temp are perfectly fine. Nothing to worry about. Actually all temps up to 100C are within specs according to Intel.

I think you mean AMD? The cpu on these notebooks is a Ryzen 9. 😄
Did you actually find this information from the cpu manufacturer? Because I tried to find out myself and couldn't find anything, maybe you could share a link please?
Thank you.

Yes i will update as soon as Asus get back in touch. I just found it concerning when battlefield 5 temps went up above 80. Considering i can play cyberpunk in ultra with temps under 80. Am guessing battlefield must be like cod and is more demanding. Like you i want this laptop to last my last laptop was a fangbook by cyberpower and in hindsight playing battlefield 4 the temps went up to 90. I emailed cyberpower and their reply was perfectly normal and where only concerned if temp went over 95. Maybe asus is the same will reply when i hear back from them.

Well this is the response from asus this morning

Thank you for contacting ASUS Support.

We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

Ideal CPU temperatures on idle and while doing basic tasks would be 35-60 degrees. Anything above 80 degrees even when gaming indicates a potential fault.

As for the GPU temperatures, we'd say up to 85 degrees is considered a normal behaviour.

From my reading i have a fault as only on battlefield 5 my cpu temp average is 83-87. Personally i dont think i have any fault as from ehat i have read certain games can be more demanding etc and these temps are normal. Btw my gpu temp is under 80.

sjfc1884 wrote:
Well this is the response from asus this morning

Thank you for contacting ASUS Support.

We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

Ideal CPU temperatures on idle and while doing basic tasks would be 35-60 degrees. Anything above 80 degrees even when gaming indicates a potential fault.

As for the GPU temperatures, we'd say up to 85 degrees is considered a normal behaviour.

From my reading i have a fault as only on battlefield 5 my cpu temp average is 83-87. Personally i dont think i have any fault as from ehat i have read certain games can be more demanding etc and these temps are normal. Btw my gpu temp is under 80.

I can see that they make propaganda even in there... CPU temporarily spiking up to 90 is perfectly fine on Turbo Mode,
On Performance Mode 80-85 should be OK on heavy gaming... (VC77, WD:L...on ULTRA with RAY Tracing)
I agree on GPU.

83-87 is not a fault. It's ASUS reality. And it's perfectly fine. What they say in ASUS Support is only their wishful thinking...

Did you say what Battlefield settings you use?

No i didnt but everything was at max i then turned it down to high which in all fairness made no difference.