cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G15 (G512LV) barlight does not work

avillalvaestrad
Level 7
A few days ago I received my laptop after having validated the warranty due to some problems on the screen, at the time of receiving it everything was working well but the led lights on the base of the laptop did not turn on and they still do not, I have already reviewed armory crate and I have not been able to fix it.

Any solution to this problem?
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

Let me know if you need a screenshot or more information, but look under the Armoury Crate device settings for the local lighting (not the Aura Sync lighting settings) and click on the 'setting' button on the top right next to the 'reset to default' button.

Under those general lighting settings, please make sure the Laptop Light Zones checkbox is selected and the lightbar(s) at the bottom of the unit should normally be working if everything else is okay.

cl-Albert@ROG wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

Let me know if you need a screenshot or more information, but look under the Armoury Crate device settings for the local lighting (not the Aura Sync lighting settings) and click on the 'setting' button on the top right next to the 'reset to default' button.

Under those general lighting settings, please make sure the Laptop Light Zones checkbox is selected and the lightbar(s) at the bottom of the unit should normally be working if everything else is okay.

Hello Albert, thank you for the welcome and your answer.

I have followed the steps of your reply and I have checked if I had the option of the lighting zones of the PC turned on and so it was, unfortunately they still do not turn on.

Is there any other solution? Or is this something that should already be repaired by a technician?

PS: My laptop is in Spanish because that is my native language.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
avillalvaestrada wrote:
Hello Albert, thank you for the welcome and your answer.

I have followed the steps of your reply and I have checked if I had the option of the lighting zones of the PC turned on and so it was, unfortunately they still do not turn on.

Is there any other solution? Or is this something that should already be repaired by a technician?

PS: My laptop is in Spanish because that is my native language.

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot and your settings look correct, so unfortunately, I don't have other better ideas to solve that, but it's not something I have too much experience with, so you may want to talk to more people or have a repair technician take a look if it's not too difficult.

Consider checking for updates in Armoury Crate and MyASUS if you have not already.

Don't know that you want to erase everything and reinstall the original ASUS factory image, but that's one last idea although don't know if it can help or not, so let me know if you want more information about that.

Good luck!