cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus, can you unlock intel xtu interface in your asus strix g15 with intel 10th gen?

nada324
Level 7
Hello, Asus can you provide a bios update to unlock intel xtu voltage offset? I know that we have voltage offset up to -80mv, but cpu is still thermal throttling when playing demanding games with gpu.
Other companies had provided bios updates with intel xtu interface option to enable it. I know all about plundervolt vulnerability but please, provide the option.
Thank you.

We just have this option in bios. Not enough. Laptop is ASUS ROG STRIX G512LW

24 REPLIES 24

Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
For 10th generation CPU models, we open certain range for users to modify.
This range has been tested and verified, exceeding this range will cause system crash.
So for stable performance and usage, please kindly adjust within the opened range.
Thank you very much.

How come our laptops are not crashing and working according to the specs provided by Asus when we undervolt them? And they are not according to specs if not?!? A little bit of brainstorming and misleading advertisements for 2000$+ laptops, isn't it?

Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
For 10th generation CPU models, we open certain range for users to modify.
This range has been tested and verified, exceeding this range will cause system crash.
So for stable performance and usage, please kindly adjust within the opened range.
Thank you very much.

That range is only available in BIOS and is also buggy. While all my stress tests are stable, the BIOS setting on my G512LV often resets and I have to reapply it manually, having to go into the BIOS every time. If I actually notice it because it does it without any warning! Meanwhile all other settings like boost timers, TDP and core multipliers are locked in XTU as well for me. Including the voltage setting. So no real way to monitor and adjust settings.

There was a post on Reddit from one of those websites which sell custom laptops. Their testing show 10th gen can undervolt to -80 and keep around 1% failure rate. Above that and the % increases exponentially so they decided to ship their laptops with that undervolt or something. Problem is, that % was something around 10 if I remember correctly. Undervolting, as is oveclocking, is strictly individual and can vary with each machine. Some users report stable undervolts with more than -100-120mv. Anyone who can undervolt can also run a simple P95 test and see if their system is stable or not. Anyone who can actually do that is an above average user. Thus Asus's/Blake's answer is quite the cop out. I'm actually inclined to think they read the same reddit post or talked with the website who wrote it and did not actually do their own testing. Btw, this answer has been copy/pasted by Blake to other threads as well. Asus is not taking this issue seriously! It's quite the mockery against us users to have to go through all these hoops just to get our Premium machines to run without overheating!

League of Legends -100.6mv => 75 C
308 bios => 99 C on one core ... with load at a maximum of 60% ... wtf ?
Scar 3 i7 9750h + rtx 2070

I don't want to try PUBG ...

HesseLinK wrote:
League of Legends -100.6mv => 75 C
308 bios => 99 C on one core ... with load at a maximum of 60% ... wtf ?
Scar 3 i7 9750h + rtx 2070

I don't want to try PUBG ...

Likely you will get freeze frames every now and then 😛

Same thing with my G731GV. CPU temperatures were strongly increased for 10-15C after last BIOS update. I was using ThrottleStop before when I was able to undervolt but I made only -60mv because the processor works peferctly without making any errors(was checking it with ThrottleStop stress test) but actully the laptop could work without crashing even with -80mv and lower, however I did my best to find the best option for my G731GV when the Intel CPU are not getting throttled and funtioning without erros under the stress test/maximum load.
Now I'm feeling me a bit uncomfortable while playing the Mass Effect Andromed and seeing permanent 90-95C sometimes 98-99C CPU temeratures and in addition to this my CPU fan started to work a bit more louder, emitting an unusual sound which was not originally after purchase. I own G731GV almost 8 months.