cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Briked G75

Jihilian
Level 7
I know there's a lot of post about bricked notebooks who update their BIOS. I'm here just to ask some questions and cry a little. First, my note is stucked in the black screen, but the backlight of keyboard is responsive to Ctrl+Home function, the lights indicators works, so i don't know if this is a full brick.

To the questions. First, the Ctrl+Home+Power combination resets the BIOS defaults or just enter in EZFlash ?
Second, is there any internal batery in G75 ? I opened the HD section and couldn't find anything.
Last, holding the power button ,after removing the battery, clear the CMOS ?

Now the "cry" section. Really, i'm almost giving up to this. I brought the note outside my country (Brazil), and choosed ASUS to not have a headache with problems because i trusted the brand. But now, after less than a month this happens.
If this is a problem with notebooks who were updated with WinFlash (like me), and after so many problems with this, why the WinFlash is still in the downloads sections ?

I'm now waiting for a response of ASUS support center to see if there's any assistence in my country (i don't think so).

1 less client of ASUS.

Sorry if i talked any crap. I'm too frustrated. 1500 dollars in a black box.
162 REPLIES 162

Guido7142 wrote:
Sorry, can't help you with the VX file... You can buy the already programmed chip from here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-ASUS-G75VX-NOTEBOOK-/400456562531?pt=US_Motherboard_Components&has...

That is my trusted source (BIOSDEPOT). I bought the VW chip from them and it worked.

Hope it helps.

Thank you Guido7142, I bought with this seller, but due brazilian customs it's gonna take a while to arrive. I would like to try to recover my old chip to get the G75 back to work ASAP. I got the file with the seller, by the way I realy recomend this seller, he is realy helpful.

Guido7142
Level 7
I'm glad it helped, I'm from Argentina so it's almost the same when it comes to shipping times, when I ordered my chip it took 2 weeks more or less to arrive, pretty quick. Strange that the seller gave you the file, I asked them for the file and they refused and told me to buy the chip (because you could be using the file to sell your own programmed chips), but go ahead and try to reprogram the original chip. I do not recommend to fool around unsoldering and soldering chips too many times cause the motherboard can get damaged beyond repair with the constant heat you use to put and get off the chips.
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M

Actually the seller (BIOSDEPOT) was really helpful, but I asked for the file after the purchase, so he gave me access to the file without having to wait the chip arrive. About the soldering, I don't have the equipment so I paid a guy to remove it and upload the file on it, but Klem (he made my vbios mod) told me there's a small hook that we can reprogram the bios without remove it.
I got this programmer on ebay but I doesn't found the hook yet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EN25T80-Programmer-USB-Series-SPI-FLASH-BIOS-24CXX25XX-STC-AVR-Support-TO-TT...

Guido7142
Level 7
vbios mod ? What kind of mod has he done for you ? I'm interesting on overvolting my GPU, going past 1.1V cause with 1.1V the max core speed I can get is 1300MHz.

bnsilva
Level 7
Guido7142 sorry the delay in reply. I finally got my computer working again with Klem and biosdepot help. About my vbios mod I'm realy conservative about it, my current configurations are 1000/2600 @ 1.037v. Where did you get your vbios? 1300 is a realy good clock.

Guido7142
Level 7
I am using the modded bios for the G75VW from Svl7 : http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/2538-[g75vw]-modified-bios-vbios-higher-overclocking.html

This bios lets you OC past the barrier of +135 in the core, doesn't matter which driver version you are yousing. With this bios there is no need to use the Nvidia Inspector to set the clocks, EVGA Precision or any other common OCing software will do.

I am going to design a fully internal liquid cooling system for my G75 as a personal project and also to be able to push the card further without insane temps. (Even though max temps for me at 1300 are 70C while gaming, I dont care for Furmark). I have been quite busy and had the project in stand by for quite a while but near December I will be engaging warp speed again to get the liquid cooling system working.

To sum up, that is why I want to get higher voltages, to go onto higher clocks cause I will be able to handle termperature much better with the liquid cooling.

mohsenslr
Level 7
Hi guys

I have a G75VW and same problem with the bios . i read all 11 pages of this thread and i decided to download the 8mb file uploaded by Guido7142.
after unsoldering bios chip and transfer the file into it with programer then i soldering it . now i can not power on my laptop also the battery charge Indicator is off when i plug-in charger. The problem is because of bios ?
If I buy a new bios chip from second source and replace the bios my laptop revive again ??
sorry for my terrible english.

Guido7142
Level 7
The two possible problems that might have occurred, in my opinion, is that either you did not solder back the chip correctly or damaged the chip, or the second and most probable, the method that you used to flash the new bios was in some way not correct. I once failed to flash a bios directly to a chip, you need to have the right tools and everything must line up bit by bit into the chip. If there is an error of just one bit the thing wont work.

How did you remove your chip ? How did you reflash the bios ?

Guido7142 wrote:
The two possible problems that might have occurred, in my opinion, is that either you did not solder back the chip correctly or damaged the chip, or the second and most probable, the method that you used to flash the new bios was in some way not correct. I once failed to flash a bios directly to a chip, you need to have the right tools and everything must line up bit by bit into the chip. If there is an error of just one bit the thing wont work.

How did you remove your chip ? How did you reflash the bios ?

I remove the chip with hot air and reflash it with a programer , just copy your file into it . are you sure about your file ? is it tested on another notebook ?? i sent email to biosdepot and he told me :

''It seems the bios is corrupt. It is likely that either there is an issue with the bios file you downloaded or something went wrong during the flash. I can send you the bios file for $23.98''

Guido7142
Level 7
Strange, another guy revived his notebook with my file. If I were you, I would try to reflash it but not too many times cause the constant soldering and unsoldering that you do on the board can damage it.

If it does not work, buy the whole chip, and you make sure that you will have no issues while flashing the bios and just solder the replacement.