cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Briked G75

Jihilian
Level 7
I know there's a lot of post about bricked notebooks who update their BIOS. I'm here just to ask some questions and cry a little. First, my note is stucked in the black screen, but the backlight of keyboard is responsive to Ctrl+Home function, the lights indicators works, so i don't know if this is a full brick.

To the questions. First, the Ctrl+Home+Power combination resets the BIOS defaults or just enter in EZFlash ?
Second, is there any internal batery in G75 ? I opened the HD section and couldn't find anything.
Last, holding the power button ,after removing the battery, clear the CMOS ?

Now the "cry" section. Really, i'm almost giving up to this. I brought the note outside my country (Brazil), and choosed ASUS to not have a headache with problems because i trusted the brand. But now, after less than a month this happens.
If this is a problem with notebooks who were updated with WinFlash (like me), and after so many problems with this, why the WinFlash is still in the downloads sections ?

I'm now waiting for a response of ASUS support center to see if there's any assistence in my country (i don't think so).

1 less client of ASUS.

Sorry if i talked any crap. I'm too frustrated. 1500 dollars in a black box.
162 REPLIES 162

NiPeGun
Level 7
How that button-combination supossed to work? What should it makes?

NiPeGun wrote:
How that button-combination supossed to work? What should it makes?

The combo will back flash your BIOS to the "factory BIOS" the one at first start up!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Guido7142
Level 7
It is supposed to pick up the backup bios file that sometimes is stores as a hidden file in the partition that has the operating system and reflash it.
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M

Well, I don't know if it has anything to do, but that combination doesn't do anything on my spanish keyboard.

Guido7142
Level 7
It is not a 100% working method, just a procedure that for some work and for others don't.

NiPeGun
Level 7
Since I can't reach anything to se on the screen, I removed all hard disks from the notebook. Putted the first hard drive to an USB external enclosure and attached to my iMac. Copied the .bin file that is in my c: drive to the root of a fat32 formatted pendrive with led indicator (to know if the flashing is working or not) Full charged the battery. Turned off the notebook. Attached the pendrive to the upper left USB port. Pressed Control+Inicio, holdem and pressed the power button. Notebook went on, keyboard backlit went on-off. Released the Control+ Inicio. Waited for the pendrive to do anything. Nothing. Black screen. Pendrive doesn't do anything.

Guido7142
Level 7
I tried the same when my pc was bricked, it did not work. Indeed, nothing worked. I recommend you to try all those methods and if they do not work, go with my file, shortest and reliable way. Be sure that you have a G75VW.

NiPeGun
Level 7
I have a G75VX

NiPeGun
Level 7
Well, after paying more atention, I realized that the notebook indeed DOES somthing when I started it pressing CRTL+HOME. Never noticed beforce, but if I don't press that combination the screen is black with no hdd led working. But when I power up with CTRL+HOME pressed, after a few seconds the screen remains black but the hdd led starts to light constantly. Weak but contantly. You have to look carefully to notice it. That shows me that CTRL+HOME seems to work. But it seems to never end the task. The notebook never shutsdown, like it supossed to do after flashing. There's no noise coming from the hdds but the spinning noise.

NiPeGun
Level 7
Oh s h i t. Wait! The flash worked. Cause the notebook reseted itself. It just took more time than I expected to. About 15 minutes. I went to the kitchen to prepare a sandwich, came to my room just in time to see it rebooting. But the screen is still black