cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Briked G75

Jihilian
Level 7
I know there's a lot of post about bricked notebooks who update their BIOS. I'm here just to ask some questions and cry a little. First, my note is stucked in the black screen, but the backlight of keyboard is responsive to Ctrl+Home function, the lights indicators works, so i don't know if this is a full brick.

To the questions. First, the Ctrl+Home+Power combination resets the BIOS defaults or just enter in EZFlash ?
Second, is there any internal batery in G75 ? I opened the HD section and couldn't find anything.
Last, holding the power button ,after removing the battery, clear the CMOS ?

Now the "cry" section. Really, i'm almost giving up to this. I brought the note outside my country (Brazil), and choosed ASUS to not have a headache with problems because i trusted the brand. But now, after less than a month this happens.
If this is a problem with notebooks who were updated with WinFlash (like me), and after so many problems with this, why the WinFlash is still in the downloads sections ?

I'm now waiting for a response of ASUS support center to see if there's any assistence in my country (i don't think so).

1 less client of ASUS.

Sorry if i talked any crap. I'm too frustrated. 1500 dollars in a black box.
162 REPLIES 162

Guido7142
Level 7
I don't think so but go ahead and try. Just as a clarification, the BIOS that you download from the Asus site and is user upgradeable is not the entire BIOS, just a fraction of it, the other part is just firmware. I do not know if the keyboard backlight information is on the bios part that you can download or in the firmware part of the entire BIOS. It might be that the is no info of the backlight at all in the BIOS, the ATK Package controls the backlight so you might want to try re installing that too.
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M

Zanoello
Level 7
My G46VW had the same problem.

I was shopping at Best Buy on 01/18/2013, NY and had trouble 10/11/2013, as I live in Brazil had to send it to ASUS USA for repair.

After five months it returned working but to my regret, the same problem occurred again after 2 days of use.

I've tried the suggestions in the post, but nothing I tried worked, left as a last option, replace the BIOS chip.

In the region where I live I did not find anyone who provides the service, so I would know exactly what the procedure for replacement, including equipment needed and where I got a BIOS chip for this model.

The ideal would be to get a chip already recorded if possible.

Could anyone help me?

Read all the previous posts, you will find how to do such thing. If you still do not understand what to do, ask and I will try to help you.
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M

Guido7142 wrote:
Read all the previous posts, you will find how to do such thing. If you still do not understand what to do, ask and I will try to help you.

Guys, thanks for the reply.
Sorry for my bad English.
I'm having the same problem (black screen), and what I meant is that these posts quoted already checked and performed the procedures indicated.
It seems that only left me the option by changing the BIOS chip on the motherboard for other programmed with the original BIOS.
I have no experience in this procedure nor the necessary equipment, but I saw that this problem seems Chronic lina ROG because I noticed that it is reported in several forum posts on different models.
As I live in Brazil, so with Deanny, I have the expectation that he can help by telling me what he did here to be able to resolve the problem.

Put simply:

1 - I sent the notebook under warranty for ASUS USA. He returned after 5 months and R $ 500.00 transportation expenses, worked for two days and returned to present the problem.

2 - I tried the combo CTRL + HOME keys and press POWER, until the behavior changes, the notebook seems to attempt the reading and HD keyboard LEDs flashing arrive, but after that, it reconnects the POWER light, flashing the HD and reboot, remaining in that cycle.

3 - Open the notebook HD and removed the battery from the motherboard, battery and turned off the wifi, I tried again and no change.

4 - I accessed the drive in another machine and checked that the file was G46VW.BIN on the system partition, replace the file by other available BIOS on ASUS website and test the key combo again without success.

5 - Tracking the posts came to the conclusion that the solution left is to replace the BIOS chip with a new one.

Because of this, I am asking help from you as it is a great misfortune to have such equipment stopped working on my desk as a paperweight. 😞

Zanoello wrote:
My G46VW had the same problem.

I was shopping at Best Buy on 01/18/2013, NY and had trouble 10/11/2013, as I live in Brazil had to send it to ASUS USA for repair.

After five months it returned working but to my regret, the same problem occurred again after 2 days of use.

I've tried the suggestions in the post, but nothing I tried worked, left as a last option, replace the BIOS chip.

In the region where I live I did not find anyone who provides the service, so I would know exactly what the procedure for replacement, including equipment needed and where I got a BIOS chip for this model.

The ideal would be to get a chip already recorded if possible.

Could anyone help me?

Asus can provide a flashed Bios Chip also a guy on Ebay sells them. Sorry no link but its not hard to find him............

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
philly cheese steak wrote:
Asus can provide a flashed Bios Chip also a guy on Ebay sells them. Sorry no link but its not hard to find him............

While that may be true for some desktop motherboards, unfortunately, don't believe it's true for the G46VW since the bios chip is soldered to the G46VW notebook motherboard and not easily replaceable as far as I know?

rewben
Level 13
there were some previous incidents about g75vw, for your reference:

1. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29307-Another-Briked-G75, particularly from this post onwards, http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29307-Another-Briked-G75&p=321878&viewfull=1#post321878 (user: Guido7142)

2. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35059-Black-Screen-solved&p=291753&viewfull=1#post291753 (user: Baigo)

edit: oh Guido7142 is here for the rescue! 😄

Zanoello
Level 7
I'm having the same problem (black screen), and what I meant is that these posts quoted already checked and performed the procedures indicated.
It seems that only left me the option by changing the BIOS chip on the motherboard for other programmed with the original BIOS.
I have no experience in this procedure nor the necessary equipment, but I saw that this problem seems Chronic lina ROG because I noticed that it is reported in several forum posts on different models.
As I live in Brazil, so with Deanny, I have the expectation that he can help by telling me what he did here to be able to resolve the problem.

Put simply:

1 - I sent the notebook under warranty for ASUS USA. He returned after 5 months and R $ 500.00 transportation expenses, worked for two days and returned to present the problem.

2 - I tried the combo CTRL + HOME keys and press POWER, until the behavior changes, the notebook seems to attempt the reading and HD keyboard LEDs flashing arrive, but after that, it reconnects the POWER light, flashing the HD and reboot, remaining in that cycle.

3 - Open the notebook HD and removed the battery from the motherboard, battery and turned off the wifi, I tried again and no change.

4 - I accessed the drive in another machine and checked that the file was G46VW.BIN on the system partition, replace the file by other available BIOS on ASUS website and test the key combo again without success.

5 - Tracking the posts came to the conclusion that the solution left is to replace the BIOS chip with a new one.

Because of this, I am asking help from you as it is a great misfortune to have such equipment stopped working on my desk as a paperweight. 😞

Zanoello wrote:

Put simply:

HI try find a reparman in your town ask him to reflash your bios with bios file from Guidos post procedure will take a hour or less

nowblank
Level 7
Backlit keyboard working through garys method