cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I harming my GL502VS laptop by plugging in so many devices?

Ulthos
Level 8
Hi everyone,

i have a GL502VS-GZ223T and i use it with Oculus Rift and 3 sensors, G910 gaming keyboard and mouse along with a RoG Sitrix wireless headset. Since added a PG278QR to the pile i had wlan problems like disconnecting at every 1 minute eventhough my smartphone and 3DS had no issues. After some testing i found out that if i remove Oculus or the external monitor or the gaming keyboard problem disappears. I think it is a powering issue and laptop can not power everything at full power. Using a wireless repeater close to laptop also solved the problem but am i harming the laptop by plugging in so many devices?

Would also using the usb ports on PG278QR to power some of the stuff help?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Theoretically everything should be safe and regulated but personally I wouldn't risk it. If nothing else you are driving the electronics hard which could shorten the life of the ports. Personally I would use a powered hub. This also has the advantage of being an easy docking solution. I don't know if the display has powered ports or if they just pass through. You can try that but I would prefer a separate hub if it was me.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for the answer, i tried what you said and it helped but the problem still persists since if i plug sth to usbc port wireless gets disconnects every 1 minute meaning something wrong with the drivers or the hardware. There is a good chance that Windows 10 updated the usb drivers in a wrong way and caused problems. I couldn't found the original Asus drivers either so still stuggling.:confused: