cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 ROG Strix SCAR 15 G533QS BIOS Version 327

ziga34
Level 7
Hello,

After MyASUS app updated laptop to BIOS 327 it lost ~1000 rpm of fan speed.
Before max speed was ~7000 rpm @ 80c and now it's ~6000 rpm. Even before BIOS update laptop was hot during gaming, now it gets super hot.
Can you please bring back 7k rpm back?

Regards,
30 REPLIES 30

this is my question too? how and where can I find previous version of my bios? Asus G 713 RW

xeromist
Make sure you report this to ASUS technical support. That's going to be the main way ASUS can see something has gone wrong.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hello
I want to use the customized diagnosis section or the other of the customer support sections. Everything is done halfway and does not continue until it is 100%.
What do you think I should do?

meegeg wrote:
Hello
I want to use the customized diagnosis section or the other of the customer support sections. Everything is done halfway and does not continue until it is 100%.
What do you think I should do?

If you can't get it to work you can call phone support.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I filed a support ticket asking for restoring previous max RPM cap with next BIOS update or return money.

I used to have 6900 rpm in manual mode, GPU on AVG ca 75-80C (active cooling pad, high load), CPU saw 90C threshold from safe distance .

Now GPU constantly works over 80C, HotSpot over 90C (gaming on FPS), CPU reaches often 90C and slightly above. Max RPM in manual mode I observed is 6300 rpm. Still on active cooling pad.

That's a hell of bad update, ASUS crew.

Please file support tickets, otherwise ASUS will keep igonring complaints. From what I see in reddit, they usually do anyway, but that's simply shortening lifespan of GPU/CPU - means hardware we all purchased. Not acceptable.

--- EDIT
I own G533QR. A higher shelf laptop from 2021.

BIOS 327 - under aggressive load on GPU
GPU - ca 86C
GPU HOTSPOT - 96C+, peaking higher on occasion
CPU - ca 90C, peaking higher often
Max RPM on fans - 6300 rpm (as reported by Armoury crate)
Profile: manual, with agressive fan speed curve
OVerwatch, game from 2016 - incredible suttters due to overheating every X minutes, downgrading graphical settings only stretched the time between stutters

BIOS 325 - under aggresive load on GPU
GPU - ca 76C
GPU HOTSPOT - 86C tops, peaking higher on occasion
CPU - ca 77C on average, peaking higher often
Max RPM on fans - 7500-7700 rpm (I do believe armoury crate has a bug, I recall 7100-7400rpm on prev version of armoury crate)
Profile: manual, with agressive fan speed curve
OVerwatch, game from 2016 - no f...ng problem, as it used be, using even Nvidia optimized settings from geforce experience (ultra, as I see it)

So I will be relaying, what the support said here. For reference. And in reddit thread too I think 😉

--- UPDATE Jun 16
Support team answer is kind of dismissive.

'Reinstall things' + 'can't donwgrade your BIOS manually, you need to send it to service'.

I decided to disagree, point out where they are wrong and demand more specific answers. Also suggested checking with customer protection service authority (I happen to live in EU) if that's not a mass consumer rights infrigement if the dismissive answering keeps going on.

--- UPDATE Jun 24

Support team acknoweldged the issue and passed on information a BIOS update with fix should be released by the end of the month. Nice.

I still have not received full release note on 325 and 327, neither it's published on ASUS website - thus the risk level and impact of shortening lifespan of components due to either overheating or working on 325 remains unknown. Not nice.

That's great to hear that they are looking into a fix. I certainly hope they look into how it's affected all of their builds, as my g512lw has the same issue running the latest bios, which is only the second released since I bought it in 2020. If they skip over kt generation I'm going to be livid. Seriously I keep hearing about all these books updates and I don't see more than two on my models support site. Am I missing something here?

It's already 2 years old and I'd not like to speed up it's degradation further. Lol

TTLucian
Level 9
I've used MyAsus to report this to technical support. Hope they will look into it!

mario64
Level 7
How can you downgrade firmware? I tried with 325 but it just showed a system firmware error in device manager then upon reboot it auto-installed 327 again. Tried it twice with same result.

TTLucian
Level 9
Right click on firmware in device manager, uninstall, check remove the driver, do a new hardware scan, disable firmware (keep it disabled or else windows will update again). Use the hide windows updates tool just in case. If the update gets pushed again, just cancel the update process when system reboots in ezflash.

TTLucian wrote:
Right click on firmware in device manager, uninstall, check remove the driver, do a new hardware scan, disable firmware (keep it disabled or else windows will update again). Use the hide windows updates tool just in case. If the update gets pushed again, just cancel the update process when system reboots in ezflash.
Thank you. Will give this a try.