cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XG279Q - NEEDS firmware update to remove deep sleep

KuraiShidosha
Level 10
My old monitor, the PG279Q, had an option to disable this terrible setting. Now on the XG279Q without the option to turn it off, getting into the BIOS is nigh impossible and also every time I bootup and turn my monitor off/on, Windows thinks I have no monitor connected and it messes up multimonitor setups.

Please, update the firmware for these monitors so that we can disable these awful settings. They're ruining an otherwise decent display.
13 REPLIES 13

davrob01
Level 7
I have the same issue with the model VG278Q. Please provide a firmware update so there is an option to disable deep sleep. It is super annoying that Windows thinks I unplugged my display whenever the monitor goes to sleep (I normally have this feature on in Power Options to save energy).

I cannot believe you guys actually released a monitor that has such a glaring issue. It is crazy that it is 2021 and a monitor is released with this issue.

I have always loved ASUS monitors until this moment.

KuraiShidosha
Level 10
It makes no sense why they would have the option to disable this feature in OLDER monitors and not NEWER ones. The funny thing is, there are new monitors with the option, but they are extremely expensive like the new 4k 144hz MiniLED monitor. You can see the option is present in the firmware from this review's screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/SW4RaBm.jpg

That DisplayPort Deep Sleep option is what ALL monitors need. I miss it so dearly on my old 2016 model PG279Q, it made my monitor turn on and off the screen instantly with no delay and my computer always knew the display was connected so there were no issues with the BIOS or reconfiguring multimonitor, or turning off my monitor when I'm playing VR etc. I hate not having this option. I think I am going to contact support and see if I can escalate to an engineer to get this problem resolved because clearly they aren't reading these forums.

Edit: fixed the link to the picture

Please check your inbox.

caqo1971
Level 10
Is this a Joke?, I bought this monitor 2 days and sold the older one. Now I need to enter the BIOS to change some settings but I cannot see anything out of windows. Do I have to buy another cheap monitor just to enter the BIOS?

caqo1971
Level 10
Ok, issue solved, the problem is not the monitor, is the VGA card, I have an ASUS Strix 1080 Ti card, and I upgraded the video card's Display Port firmware with a nvidia tool, so now I can see the boot up logo and can enter the BIOS.

Hope it helps someone.

caqo1971 wrote:
Ok, issue solved, the problem is not the monitor, is the VGA card, I have an ASUS Strix 1080 Ti card, and I upgraded the video card's Display Port firmware with a nvidia tool, so now I can see the boot up logo and can enter the BIOS.

Hope it helps someone.

That's a different issue. DisplayPort Deep Sleep makes the monitor take an eternity to wake up so you can boot your PC, turn on the monitor, and by the time the monitor finally wakes up, the graphics card is already skipping the bios because it thinks no monitor is hooked up. This issue goes away if you can turn off Deep Sleep on the monitor. Your issue was unrelated and just down to the DisplayPort firmware not supporting proper UEFI mode.

KuraiShidosha wrote:
That's a different issue. DisplayPort Deep Sleep makes the monitor take an eternity to wake up so you can boot your PC, turn on the monitor, and by the time the monitor finally wakes up, the graphics card is already skipping the bios because it thinks no monitor is hooked up. This issue goes away if you can turn off Deep Sleep on the monitor. Your issue was unrelated and just down to the DisplayPort firmware not supporting proper UEFI mode.

After a couple of weeks using this monitor I can totally agree with this thread. My old monitor ROG Swift PG258Q is more responsive after changing video source, I use the monitor with two computers, One for work (HDMI), and the other is my gaming rig (DP), Changing from one source to another takes too much time. My other monitor changes at once, almost no delay. Setting on or off HDR takes too much time to show back the screen, and any other video config that you make on monitor.

caqo1971
Level 10
Yes, you're right, but that fix solved my problem to entering BIOS.

hitsuki_aoi
Level 7
ASUS really need to put out a firmware update with this option.
make to 2020 monitor...?